Dynasty Trade: Aaron Jones or the 1.03 (1qb league)

Current roster is

QB: Kyler, Stafford, Minshew
RB: Aaron Jones, Ronald Jones, David Johnson, Justice Hill, Patrick Laird
WR: Godwin, Diggs, Golladay, Slayton, Curtis Samuel, Jalen Hurd
TE: Andrews, Gesicki

I already have the 1.02, 1.05, 1.08, and 2.03 rookie picks. Would you rather hang on to Jones so I’m not completely relying on rookie RBs? Or take the pick and stack the deck?

1 Like

I’d keep Jones. The only rookie that could get Top rb fantasy production is CEH but he’ll go 1.01 or to you at 1.02 already

2 Likes

Firstly, well done on your team. It looks monster.

That said, I am personally not a huge A Jones guy, and I am not thinking he does a repeat of last year. AJ Dillon is a bigger threat than many are thinking. It might not be this season in full, but with Jones / Williams coming up on the end of their rookie deals the move gives me pause. I think he can eat in this year and maybe more moving forward. Even if they keep Jones / Dillon, I think next year Dillon’s share is pretty big.

As it stands, you have two rookies who are likely going to have big years. CEH / JT. Others might as well, but it is going to take longer into the season. Next year, however, I think you see Dobbins / Swift and potentially Akers / Vaughn take over backfields.

While this year might favor Jones, I would look to move him and grab a guy about to inherit a stellar role as opposed to holding a guy who will likely be losing shares and value.

Probably nothing wrong with Jones this season, but IMHO I would move off him.

If you do not want to dip into the rookie pool again, you might want to hit up the Mixon owner. The holdout talk might have them spooked. Also, as a long shot, talk to the Chubb owner. You never know how they feel about Hunt sticking around.

1 Like

I ended up doing the trade, leaving me with the 1.02, 1.03, 1.05, 1.08, and 2.03

I just had my rookie draft and managed to land
CEH, Jonathan Taylor, CeeDee Lamb, and JK Dobbins in the first round.

I took Tee Higgins at 2.03 which sounds great, except literally a nanosecond after I spoke his name (we live drafted over Zoom) it struck me like a ton of bricks that Jalen Reagor had somehow fallen there. And I missed him. Ah well, can’t win em all?

3 Likes

Sell Aaron Jones

1 Like

See if you can grab a 3rd rounder to go with that, Jones has an all-time high value right now so it would be smart to trade him but I feel like you should be able to get more than just a 1st rounder since he has a proven track record. Not to say he can’t keep producing in the future but it seems like his value will come down with them drafting A.J. Dillon in the 2nd round. This draft is loaded, you can grab your pick of Dobbins or Jeudy/Lamb at the 1.03 which should have huge value in my opinion.

Whoops I didn’t see you drafted, amazing picks, it sounds like the trade was worth it. Honestly I like Higgins more than Reagor so I wouldn’t feel bad about that pick.

2 Likes

You crushed that draft, which with those picks one would hope. Landing Dobbins in the 1.08 is a massive win. You just took the top 3 IMHO off the board and Lamb is a player I would strongly consider at 1.01 depending on my team structure. Nice!

I agree with @Fluffy that you shouldn’t be too upset with Higgins. I am a Reagor guy, but since you have Lamb I like the safety and upside Higgins gives. I think he’ll be a really solid at at 2.03.

1 Like