Dynasty trade advice?

Being offered Doug Baldwin for 2020 first and Marvin Jones. I have hopkins and b. Cooks. Should I pull the trigger?

I would side with the pick and Marvin Jones. I don’t feel like baldwin is that much better than marvin jones in general, and the pick can be very valuable, especially with the coming WR class

Jones and pick for me too

I would accept that trade. Doug Baldwin on your team is 2 years worth of production before the 2020 first even has the chance to make an impact. Marvin Jones is a good WR but there are lots of mouths to feed in Detroit (Tate, Jones, Golladay, Riddick, 2018 Rookie RB or TE). And I think Golladay could cut into his targets this year.

Baldwin is the entire 2018 Seahawk offense. Even if they only draft skilled positions in the 2018 draft.

I don’t think Baldwin is significantly better this year than last. The seahawks are losing Graham, Richardson and Wilson, it’s true, but are any of them more than a little above replacement level, really? You can’t just say Baldwin’s targets are definitely going to spike. I think it’s far more likely that the majority of Graham/Wilson’s 118 combined targets go to either Vannett, Dixon, a rookie, or a combination thereof and the majority of Richardson’s targets get taken by Lockett/Darboh/rookie, or a combination thereof. Darboh, in particular, I expect to take a large role this year.

As for Jones, he was productive in an offense that had a lot of mouths to feed last year. Golladay might take some work, but honestly I doubt he takes much. Jones is an elite down field and contested catch receiver. I don’t see his workload decreasing in any significant way. I think Golladay is the succession plan.

@DFWB While Baldwin is not going to receive the entirety of the 118 vacated targets, (I agree with your assessment on the players above) it’s the redzone presence and increase in redzone targets that I think makes his 2018 potential massive.

That could be. I’m more concerned about them getting to the red zone, tbh.

1 Like

Take that trade man!