Dynasty Trade for Mixon

12-team, full PPR dynasty league (1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, WRTFlex x3, 14 BN) : This is a start-up, so we are in the vet draft now. I currently have Josh Jacobs, Joe Mixon, DK Metcalf, Marquise Brown, Ty Hilton, and Kyler Murray, Picking at the 11th in the vet draft, 1.02 in the rookie draft probably next week.

I have been offered the 1.07 and the 2.01 (it’s a snake rookie draft) for Mixon. I already have the 1.02. Should I take it, finish the vet draft first, or decline?

1 Like

I’d finish the draft first. I like Mixon, but I get that he is not a certainty. More importantly, I want to see how the rookies land before doing that. At the 1.02, you can add to RB depth or bolster your WR. Giving up Mixon you would really need to be adding RB which limits your options, obviously, and that is not a good thing.

But in a vacuum, I think that is a light offer for Mixon. I would want more for him.

I hope this helps!

I’d decline that offer. He’s trying to buy-low on the Mixon contract issue. I believe he’ll be signed by the start of the season.

You should keep Mixon over the 1.07+2.01 unless you’re really hurting for starting depth. At that point in the rookie draft, you’re looking at a tier of players that are likely nowhere near Mixon’s calibre.

So I ended up taking the deal when he added in another second (2.6). I turned the trade into Ke’Shawn Vaughn, Clyde-Edwards Helaire, and Bryan Edwards as direct assets from his trade, but I was also able to get Denzel Mims, Tua Tagovailoa, and Eno Benjamin because his picks gave me the flexibility. I was never really worried about the holdout. I just know Mixon won’t be on the Bengals after next year, and running backs going to new situations don’t always work out. I’m happy with the decision.