Dynasty trade help - help!

Was just offered a trade in my dynasty league.

I’d trade Calvin Ridley for devonta freeman and recieve next year 2nd round.

Full ppr

My current rbs: Mixon, Cook, guice, kerryon, penny, Henry.

Wrs: Julio, Adams, OBJ, Davis, Alshon, golladay, Boyd, Sutton, Keke.

2 rb 2 wr 2 flex for starting lineup.

Do I take it??

Dont do it… I wouldn’t even give one of those 2 players, for a next year’s 2nd round.

I would value both Calvin Ridley and Freeman, at a mid 1st round each.

in other words, I would want 2 x 1st round (mid) picks in return

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help. Just to be clear you wouldn’t take freeman and next year second round for only giving up Ridley?

I think I would make that deal. Receiving D Freeman and a 2020 2nd seems fair while trading away C Ridley.

1 Like

oh sorry I might have misread it. yes, I would take Freeman and a 2020 2nd round for Ridley, especially if you’ve got decent WR depth already.

1 Like

Only worry is that Ridley is young and very good. Down the road it could be a loss. How many good years from freeman do you expect?

1-2 good years from Freeman. you’re deep at WR. I would pull the trigger. 2020 is loaded too.

1 Like

If Freeman has another injury he could be relinquishing the reins to Smith for good. That being said, Freeman has only 767 career carries which bodes well for his durability, especially for a 27 year old back that’s probably looking to play for another 4-5 years. I think it’s fair to say Freeman could remain valuable for another 2-3 years but his injury concerns could severely shorten that.

All things considered, I would explore other RB options to trade Ridley for, but if none are available I think it’s a deal that can be beneficial for you. Freeman is a bit of a risk but you have some nice WR depth that can make up for the loss of Ridley.

For your reference, I’ve copied some links to articles detailing how age and career carry totals can predict when an older RB will drop off…

1 Like

Excellent thanks for the help!!

What rbs are realistic to trade for in your opinion

It really depends on your league and what each team needs, but some general names I think you can target are Kerryon Johnson, Derrius Guice, Kenyan Drake, Phillip Lindsay, Mark Ingram, Damien Williams, Chris Carson, etc… If any of those names interest you more than Freeman then it can’t hurt to offer Ridley. And if you can’t find a deal you like better, I still think the original offer you got is a good move

1 Like

I’ve got guice and kerryon

I’ve got guice and Johnson

Sorry about that, I just listed names that are all ranked around the same general area

1 Like