Dynasty Trade. Opinions?

I took over a dynasty team last year that wasn’t in great shape. It’s a full point ppr league. This offseason I’ve managed to trade for David Johnson, and Devonta Freeman (as well as ito Smith). I now have a backfield of Zeke, Johnson and Freeman. However my WRs were WEAK with my starters being Goodwin and Gallup. I’ve managed to draft Mecole Hardman and Marquise Brown.

I’ve been offered a trade for Freeman where I’d get Taylor Gabriel and desean Jackson. Should I take it? Or should I ask for more (players or picks?)

I don’t think its particularly close to an offer worth considering. Freeman has had injury problems but he when healthy is at least an RB2 and this offer involves hopeful WR3 options at best. This is an offer you can get for an injured Freeman.

1 Like

I agree, Freeman is worth somewhere around the Landry or Allison+ range. Basically, the #2 WR on a decent offense and still relatively young (26-28) is what I would expect.

1 Like

Thank y’all. That’s the value that I had in my mind but I kept getting this level of offers. So I thought I’d get another opinion. I guess it’s just a bit of recency bias and people are throwing low ball offers out. I think I’m just going to hold him, let him have a few good games then see what I can do.

1 Like

There would at least need to be picks included, but I would not even want the players frankly. I would be looking at WRs starting at Lockett / Sutton or better for Freeman, or 2020 2nd plus a flyer at the least.

1 Like

I ended up getting an offer that got me DJ Moore, a 2nd this year and next year, and a 3rd this year. It was by far the best offer I’ve gotten, and I like Moore so I took it. I probably could’ve gotten even more if he had a few solid games, but also if he happened to get injured again then I would end up with nothing. So I felt like taking the offer might be my best move

1 Like

That is a much better deal. I like DJ Moore and he is on the rise, but usable right now. those picks certainly help out. unless you are needing picks this year, I would see if you can move the 2019 2/3 you just got for someone’s 2020 2. that would be a great deal IMHO and i bet someone would take it. Unless these 2019 picks are early 2.1-2.2. You can still get value there.

but well done! that is a much better trade for you!

Gabriel is unstartable and DJAX maybe has 1 year left. I would not make that trade. YOu can get more.