‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Early thoughts on draft

I’m in an 8 team league - where we keep 4 players (and can trade away what’s left of our team for picks in the draft). My keepers are AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Melvin Gordon and LeSean McCoy.

I am 8th pick, but I’ve managed to trade away a player for 2nd pick in the first round of the draft. My question is - do I target a rookie like Joe Mixon or Leonard Fournette or should I be picking up someone like Lynch, Demarco Murray (who I believe is not being kept by someone), Gillislee, Spencer Ware type player?

Obviously, Murray looks like the safest pick of the bunch if we’re basing it on last season but age/Henry etc come into question and we’ve no idea how good Fournette/Mixon will be next year. That being said, I think it’s very unlikely that either Fournette or Mixonwill make it down to me for my 8th round pick in the first round.

With the power house line up you have now, I think that gives you the chance to wait on a rookie. I like Mixon more, but either would be worth the long term pick.

Yeah that’s kind of what I was leaning towards I think.However, it’s just a tricky decision to make when you have players such as Murray and Beast Mode staring at you. Although they’re both old and reaching their twilight years.

So many rookie running backs disappear into the ether…but I’ve got to take a chance on this right?

fournette is the safer of the 2 i would say. thats a tough choice though. because murray staring at me even with everything that could go wrong, im wanting him on my team. hell even using him as a trading piece once he blows up in the begining of the season. then getting rid of him for something less risky. cause he will blow up for the first 2 games. gets a little rough after that for 2 games, but still he will have trading power around week 6. anyway, the safe long term pick is fournette. but that does mean you will have to use a keeper on him, even if he doesnt do so hot this year. just make sure thats something you are willing to do.

[quote=“BusterD, post:4, topic:2568”]
id of him for something less risky. cause he will blow up for the first 2 games. gets a little rough after that for 2 games, but still he will have trading power around week 6. anyway, the safe long term pick is fourn
Im agree here, Fournette should be safer first because of the draft capital investment, second because we are not talking about Mr. Marv Lewis in the coaching staff and third of all because the “outside-field issues” that Mixon carries …

And like someone mention before your team looks like can take a rookie investment specially with the potential upside of either of this 2 guys.

Yeah thanks a lot guys!

I suspect that Fournette will go in the first pick as that guy has a lot of love for rookies.

If Fournette was to go - it wouldn’t be worst thing if I went for Mixon would it? Even with his off field issues? There must be something about the bengals investing what they did in him despite the baggage?

I would go for him! If you are aiming to a rookie RBs remember that Dalvin Cooks and Kareem Hunt are around too (in teams needing them sooner than later) and maybe way more cheaper in terms of draft capital. Anyhow for sure Mixon have Stud pedigree more than the other ones.

Thanks Rockdrigo - guess a lot can change in next 2/3 months. Plenty of time to make up my mind. Think I’m just getting carried away as trades started this week.

I need to relax! :grinning:

i have no problems going mixon. my biggest concerns are not even off the field, its in the office. those coaches just love an RB by committee. he can still produce and at a high level, but i predict there will be games where he will just completely disappear. and gio or hill will show up for no f’in reason. biggest thing to remember, smile. you have a core of 4 guys that is VERY hard to match. so sure what you do will affect your future teams, but this year… just call it domination nation.

Yeah you’re right - RBBC are a royal pain in fantasy football. Always going to have risk of Bernard coming in and vulturing TDs and touchdowns from him - if Mixon makes his mark.

Thanks for taking time out to reply by the way!