Ebron or Doyle ROS?

I have Ebron, but wondering if I swap him for Doyle? They are likely to eat into each other’s production, but not sure who is more likely to come out on top… OR would you try to avoid the headache and try to trade for a more consistent TE?
Standard Scoring.

Doyle…
This past week Doyle had 73% of snap count usage with 7 targets…
Ebron played 22% of snap count with only 3 targets…

Rest of season I would rather have Doyle…

The way Indy is putting up points and throwing the ball I think Doyle will be consistent TE for rest of season after his bye week…

1 Like

Hmm, would you prefer someone like Kittle, Engram, or Burton over either Ebron/Doyle?
What level RB do you think is even for either?

People just look at the end of game stat line but before that last drive Doyle had like 20 yards on 2 catches. Sure he had one big drive but he was basically irrelevant before that. Ebron is the goaline guy and will continue to be but I could see Doyle being a 4-6 catches for50 yards kind of guy but his td upside is low simply because ebron is the better red zone threat and that’s a fact. Honestly that’s who you’d rather have ros the td is more valuable than 4-6 10 yard catches with no yac

I’m an ebron owner and will probably have to pick up Doyle for peace of mind but it’s really quite a situation. Sure Doyle outsnaps him but luck loves ebron in the red zone and at the end of the day if ebron has 3 for 30 and a td every week I’m happy

Look at a guy like Jordan reed 7 catches only 38 yards and is not getting the red zone targets. What ebron is doing is simply special and the colts know this that’s why he isn’t going anywhere anytime soon

I take into account the number of snaps played, and Doyle was on the field for 73% compared to Ebron only being out there for 22% of offensive snaps…

The colts have been putting up a lot of points, so both of their TEs have value and will play, and to guess on which one will have better value ROS is difficult to predict…

To original posts followup question,
“Hmm, would you prefer someone like Kittle, Engram, or Burton over either Ebron/Doyle?
What level RB do you think is even for either?”

That is difficult…I would not consider Engram because the offense of the Giants with Eli throwing the ball has been horrible and Barkley/OBJ will be target hogs in what offense they have…

49ers don’t have a great offense, but Kittle is the main receiver there…
Same with the Bears, the offense isn’t great, but Burton is the man at TE…

The Colts have been putting up a ton of points so I would choose between Doyle/Ebron and play whichever one you think will be better for rest of season…

So you would take Doyle over Burton? I’m thinking about dropping Allison for Doyle so I would love to hear your thoughts.

I actually made a trade offer for Ertz…Crowell and Ebron, it’s a lowball but trying to leverage the need (he has Hunt, but then only Ekeler, Davis, and Clement at RB) and at least could get the conversation going (I have room to go up to say Lindsay + Ebron for Ertz)