‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Elijah Hood

Checked him out in college because he sounds like a gangster hobbit. Has a Marshawn-esk style to his game, I said, “he’s gonna do well for himself in the NFL” after seeing him play. Fast forward a bit, he’s now running behind, and hopefully learning from said Marshawn freaking Lynch.

I believe in him, and will be drafting him in dynasty. All I ask of you, footclan, is if you’ve ever even heard of him? I was hoping to snag him with my last pick, but worried I may not be the only one who sees this diamond in the rough.

At 5’ 11’ 229 he’s far from a hobbit. Either way, I love him, especially in OAK. I could see him competing for #2 spot pretty quick.

Yes! After learning behind one of the best power rbs in recent memory, I think Hood could be the steal of this rookie class when he steps in, and maybe sooner than later. I might be a bit over zealous about him but I just have a hunch.

Also, the hobbit reference was more to the actors name than his actual size. Dudes pretty big.

He went late 4th in my dynasty draft, between Cohen and Henderson. All the RBs are a crap shoot in that range, slim chance any of them will make a huge impact.

That’s earlier than I would have expected, but I wouldn’t mind snagging him in the 4th. Thanks for the input fellas!

One more comment I just thought of.

Hood is in an incredibly unique situation.

He goes to a top offense line.
The young guys ahead of him on the depth charts earned minimal opportunities last year despite Latavius being a disappointing ypc runner.
Marshawn is guaranteed to retire after 1 season (based on the money in his deal), meaning the rb1 spot will be an open competition next year.
Marshawn is injury prone. If he goes down, it basically guarantees Hood gets some opportunity on the field at some point (even if behind richard and Washington)

Pretty similar to my thought process on the whole thing, with the o line, and Lynch’s age and health concerns.

If he gets the opportunity, I think he’ll run away with it. I’m usually good for one sleeper a season, last year was Dak and I missed him by ONE pick. I’m gonna throw a temper tantrum like a child of it happens again this year.