‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

EPIC trade Advise! DO or DIE situation

Hello clans –
12 team, 0.5 PPR
I was offered D. Adams for J. Jones and N. Chubb. I am 3-4 in my league and need a win this week. He is 6-1 and RB hungry as well… What you all think?

@MikeMeUpp - Need your expertise bro!!

That’s tough. Adams has been fantastic (I own him) but Jones has been good in PPR too (minus the TDs) and Chubb looks set to be a potential stud down the stretch. You’ve got such great depth at WR and RB, and I don’t think Adams is a significant enough upgrade to take the trade. I’d probably stand pat.

And I completely agree with you… I feel like I am giving him more… he is the leader in the league with 6-1, and Julio might get TDs down teh road as he his consistent with his yardage. Chubb will get more touches down teh road too… but damn, I cant afford to lose this week… I am facing Barkley, Evans, White and Connor this week :sob::sob:

Idk man, I don’t hate the lineup you already have in place for week 8. Can that get you the win?

To me, I don’t see Adams being a huge upgrade over Jones despite the lack of touchdowns. Julio is still 2nd in the league in receiving yards & I wouldn’t want to move Chubb in this scenario either, so I really would be on the side of declining the trade anyway.

I’m probably not doing this trade tbh. JJ and Adam is a lateral move and then you giving up chubb basically for free. You have great depth so you should definitely be making upgrades but your upgrades should be in the form of like Chubb + Golladay or Chubb + Edelman to get another WR1 / RB1. Should not be a WR1 and RB2 to get another WR1. You’re giving up a bit too much.

And one thing to be encouraged about was that even though Cleveland was losing by 2 possessions, they stayed committed to the run game. And chubb got all the carries on the goal line. And that was vs a tough TB D. There’s good times to come ahead given how explosive chubb is.

And I completely agree with you… I feel like I am giving him more… he is the leader in the league with 6-1, and Julio might get TDs down the road as he his consistent with his yardage. Chubb will get more touches down the road too… but damn, I cant afford to lose this week… I am facing Barkley, Evans, White and Connor this week :sob::sob:

I feel you. That is a tough matchup for sure but honestly, on any given sunday man, anything is possible. Who’s to say Golladay can’t go off? Or Edelman. Or golden tate for that matter. I can definitely understand if you want to secure a stud for the week and i guess the bright side is you basically buy an extra week of Adams as he is past his bye week.

I do believe that you don’t have to win on every trade. Its okay to lose on a trade if it makes your team better. This trade might make your team better for this week, not sure if its true for the long term though. You know your position and league better than me, If you really think you need to buy this week by giving up an RB2 then go for it. Maybe you could try putting in Aaron Jones there instead of Chubb though and see what he says.

Cool. I was thinking of that as well. Let’s see if he bites… If not, eff it! I have a good team, hopefully the coming weeks it will pick up. If I lose this week, it would be the last…

Speaking of this week - who would you recommend I start? Kenny Golladay or G. Tate? Them TWO are the bane of my existence!!! Never know which one to start over the other. What would you do?

Tough call man. I prefer Kenny G ROS and that’s one of the reasons I hate owning 2 WRs from the same team. There is almost no scenario where I play them both unless its vs the buccs or something. That’s why I said you should try and package trade like Kenny G or GOlden Tate + Like Chubb/Lindsay or something and try and get a WR upgrade from someone.

In terms of matchup for this week it’s just a toss up. Pick whoever you like more. I like Kenny G more but that’s just pref.

Hey @MikeMeUpp, hijacking this thread to get your opinion on something.

Are you selling high on OBJ, particularly for an RB1? or are you sticking to your guns with 0 RB strat and riding him out through the storm, despite Eli’s aweful play.

Trade deadline is in a week or 2 and trying to decide if it’s time to move on from OBJ or stick with him to the end (Hopkins being my other WR)

Ok. I packaged Tate and A. Jones for AJ Green (another owner). Fair?
Projections shows I am giving away way too much!!

I am facing this very same decision right now. Guy in my leagues to trade for OBJ in some combo including either Zeke or CMC in a half PPR and I am very hesitant to do so cause I am someone who is the biggest OBJ believer. Even with a trash oline and trash QB, the man just gets it done. People been bitching and complaining about how “bad” OBJ has been as a fantasy WR and through 7 weeks, he has 4 100 yard games, and is 4th in the league in targets, averaging 11 targets a game. If I could give any receiver in the league 11 targets a game, I would want them to go to OBJ because he can make the most out of it above everyone else. And he has plenty of garbage time appeal which is surprisingly when Eli magically becomes an almost average QB. I think Giants are still trying to figure their stuff out but even at their worst, OBJ is still a top 8 WR. If this is bad, I’ll take it all day.

However, that’s coming from the #1 OBJ fan. If I were giving advice, I would say if you can get a top tier RB1 for OBJ, I would do that. I don’t think OBJ is a sell high by any means cause this is what he has always been. He can give you those 25-30 point week winning performances and on the downside, he has a floor of like 5-6 catches for like 50-60 yards. Which is pretty much the same for any other elite WR. I honestly don’t get the hate for OBJ in fantasy. I’m more than happy to buy all the OBJ shares out there for cheap if I can.

The one bad part about owning him, is having to watch eli manning routinely miss him in the endzone or on deep routes where he is wide open. If you have the patience and tolerance for that though, it’s well worth the price of admission. And you can also just join our ELi Manning complaints thread which @falcones404 set up last night. I got to vent a lot in there and it helped with my anger.