‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

FAAB Question - Help!

First year using FAAB and I have some questions.

Placing waivers on ESPN works where from Tuesday morning until Thursday morning, people can claim waivers on all free agents, then after Thursday morning (I think 4am), you can pick up free agents without having to claim them (unless it’s a player someone just dropped)…so they instantly join your team.

Does anyone know how this works using FAAB? I’m assuming from Tuesday to Thursday, everyone places a silent bid on all free agents and highest bid wins. But when does the bidding decision take place? Thursday morning at 4am as well?

And if so, what happens on Thursday? Can you just pick up free agents free of charge without bidding like you would after the waivers clear using the waiver process mentioned above?

For example, if no one bids on a player all week, then on Thursday afternoon they’re named the starter for Thursday night football, how do you get that player on your roster for that game? I would imagine a lot of people would be interested in that player so does a bid happen that day and process before the game starts?

Does anyone know how this works using FAAB? I’m assuming from Tuesday to Thursday, everyone places a silent bid on all free agents and highest bid wins. But when does the bidding decision take place? Thursday morning at 4am as well?

Yes Thursday morning, not sure what time depends…ususally 2am-4am EST

Once the process plays out, you can pick up any free agents ‘free’ of charge. But, depending on the league they could have a setting that even after the bids, players remain on waivers, which would require you to bid on any free agent. Its like an "always on waivers’ option.