Fant, Graham, Gesicki, or Eifert?

I benched TJ Hock instead of dropping him so he is now locked. I need to pick up a TE and play. Who should I pick up and start from Fant, Graham, Gesicki, or Eifert? And who should I drop between Jay Ajayi (I have Miles Sanders starting so Jay is a handcuff) or James Washington? I picked him up and started him last week since Keenen Allen was on a bye. My two WR are Kenny G and Allen so I dont need to start any other WR besides them two. My league is full PPR. HELP

1 Like

Two caveats to my answer: 1. TEs in the bottom tier like this are tightly bunched together, so you’re hoping to catch one that gets a TD or breaks out. 2. My TE model is based on half-point PPR, but relative rankings shouldn’t change much.

My TE model projects those TEs as follows this week:
Fant - TE25
Graham - TE24
Gesicki - TE31
Eifert - TE34

None look like good options based on just the projection, so some additional thoughts:
For weeks the peripheral metrics for Fant have been great, but it hasn’t turned into production for the most part, and Denver may change QBs again, so I would not personally chase the breakout potential there.

Gesicki has also had good peripheral numbers the last few weeks, and Fitz has proven he can deliver regardless of how badly this team is doing, so Gesicki to me is worth grabbing and hoping for a breakout game.

Eifert’s projection has been very bad, but with Dalton coming back it’s not unreasonable to expect an uptick in targets and a big game is certainly possible.

Graham has the highest ranking of the group, and he’s somehow managed to put up three good game this year, but watching him play I have a hard time putting him in my lineup. Maybe the safest of the bunch if you’re just needing 2-3 points.

On balance, given the options, I would take a chance on Gesicki or Eifert, but understand they both have a floor of zero (all of them do, actually). My TE model is below for reference and might be able to help find any other options. Hope this helps. Good luck!

-Dan
Please check out my Week 13 streaming post where I provide weekly and rest-of-season rankings, scoring projections and waiver recommendations for QBs, TEs and DSTs. Comments and feedback are welcome. Thanks!

As for who to drop, I usually like to keep handcuffs, but I’m not sure how good an option Ajayi will really be even if Sanders goes down. So that’s the route I’d go personally.