‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Fantasy Fallout: McKinnon, Lev, Cuts & Breaking News

Originally published at: https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/podcast/fantasy-fallout-mckinnon-lev-cuts-breaking-news/

It was a crazy weekend of NFL News with injuries, trades, and roster cuts. Don’t miss this episode as we recap it all, including the season-ending Jerick McKinnon injury. Matt Breida or Alfred Morris? Hear the case for both in the Fantasy Court. And finally, we answer a handful of listener questions. Prep your redraft,…

Yo, new here. Love the podcast, have been watching for the past year on youtube. Just wanted to say thanks for working on Labour Day and hitting all the important news that came down over the last few days when few others could be bothered to muster any significant effort.

For the record, I just want to say that I’m with Mike regarding the new SF backfield, and remind you that Alf is still just 29 (turns 30 in December). I think he nailed it in regards to the lack of wear and tear on Morris and the lack of proven receiving prowess that everyone seems to want to automatically assign to Breida.

Typically, I tend to agree with Andy most often but he does have a tendency to latch on to certain guys, like Evan Engram last year for instance. I think he’s kind of Evan Engram’d on Breida here.

Also, just as feedback, I really wish you guys had of spent MUCH more time devoted to the Lev Bell situation. This situation has an air of impending doom and dwarfs the McKinnon injury, in turns of altering the FF landscape. It already seems as though Conner will get the nod for Week 1 and could possibly turn in a top10 finish at the position. There’s a lot of hype surrounding the Brown’s defense this year but it’s still the Factory of Sadness. If Conner goes off, is Pitt still excited about giving Lev 15 million this year? Personally, I think the Steelers have no inclination to keep Bell beyond 2018. He’s far too expensive for all the headache he causes and they’ve already gotten a good chunk of his best years…so I’m thinking that if Bell signs the tender, Pitt is going to ride him hard into the ground. Possibly knowing this, does Bell fake an injury to protect his body? It’s kind of fascinating to speculate about the possible scenarios here.

Anyways, that’s my 200-word version of ‘hello’. Take care fellas.