‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Fantasy Football: Make Up or Break Up with Alshon Jeffrey in 2018?

Originally published at: https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/fantasy-football-make-up-or-break-up-with-alshon-jeffrey-in-2018/

Dear Alshon, I find myself in a tough spot as I write this letter. I, like many others, am preparing for my home league draft and I cannot decide if you are going to have a spot on my fantasy roster. On the surface, your 2017 wasn’t really a “disappointment” per say. You came into…

Ryan, great letter! You hit the nail on the head. Replace Alshon Jeffrey’s name with Keenan Allen and I think you could write almost the same letter. I’m in a position where I’ll be on the clock staring down Keenan Allen and Michael Thomas on my board. I feel like Keenan has the greater upside. He ended the year on fire, but for the middle of the season was more of a liability for owners than an asset. So, as you said so perfectly, I need to know if he’s going to be there for me every Sunday, not just half the season. Thoughts?

Glad you enjoyed. I can’t say I consider Allen and Jeffrey much a like. The Allen floor is much higher than Jeffrey’s…and for that matter his ceiling too. I love Keenan Allen, that being said, I do have MT ranked higher.

I agree, I’m not big on him this year, but he fell to the 10th round in my 10 team half PPR league. I got him at the 10.8 and stuck him on my IR and am fostering Dez until just before the start of the season, or he signs.

Just realized it auto corrected to ‘fostering Dez’. I though about fixing it, but I’m gonna go with it.

Yes! That is a perfect situation. ADP is just too much right now.

Yeah… but that happened a few times. Carrying more risk than I usually care to have. In addition to Jefferey in the tenth, McCoy in the fifth, Josh Gordon in the seventh, and Aaron Jones in the later rounds. Tons of upside, but risky.

I’m just gonna lie and cheat on Alshon till I get caught and it totally blows up in my face :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: