‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Fantasy Reaction: Eric Decker & the Mess Left with the Jets

Originally published at: https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/fantasy-reaction-eric-deckers-release-mess-left-jets/

This off-season has been nothing but a filthy, stinky mess in the part of our country known as the “arm-pit of the nation”. My mother-in-law reminds me that she hails from New Jersey and how she never thought of it as a wasteland growing up. However in 2017, there doesn’t seem to be much excitement…

I am honestly less interested in the Jets WR core and more interested in “A New Hope” for Eric Decker (Obi Won Kenobe of WRs). Having broken 1000 yds and double digit TDs in 3/5 real seasons, he can be a solid option somewhere.

I know I have left out the 2010 and 2016 seasons because they didn’t tell the tale of his performance.

Decker cannot be the #1 on a team. We all saw what happened before Brandon Marshall arrived, he just wasn’t that good. If he goes to a team with a true #1, he can head to the middle of the field, 10 or 15 yards away from the QB, and get 10 receptions and a touchdown every game.

I would personally love to see him land with the Ravens. Maclin will spread the field and Decker will catch the ball over and over again.