‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Fantasy Reaction: LeGarrette Blount Signs with the Eagles

Originally published at: https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/fantasy-reaction-legarrette-blount-signs-eagles/

Former Patriots RB LeGarrette Blount has signed a 1 year, $1.25 million contract with the Philadelphia Eagles. The 30-year old’s deal is worth up to $2.8 million dollars if he meets all his incentives. It was only a matter of time before the bruising back found a new team. Firstly, because there were plenty of…

Makes too much sense not to work, but could see more work just because of the talent that’s around him.

I love it.

What round do you think he’ll be drafted in now? I’m thinking a late 4th or 5th?

Definitely look for Blount’s fantasy value to rise up the boards this offseason. A sneaky tip is to keep tabs on Wendell Smallwood on waivers this season, he could now take over the third down role and sneak some TD opportunities away this season. #tdvulture

Big win for the Eagles at that price. He’s a bruiser which is what they needed. With the improved passing game, they won’t be run-dependent either, which means when he does get the ball, he’ll have real opportunities - not 8 in the box waiting on him. Great signing for Eagles and Blount and fantasy owners.

Just got him last week! Traded Latavius Murray and Jeremy Langford for Jeremy Hill and Blount. I know Hill is probably out but Murray isn’t that good and the Vikings drafted Cook. So I pretty much got Blount for nothing (Langford)

He is going to be completely irrelevant. One reason “1/4 the Red Zone trips”

It sounds like a cheap answer, but I just don’t trust the Eagle’s usage on RB enough to pay the price that Blount is going to go for. I think he has talent, and will succeed, but I don’t trust the system/coaches enough to pay that price with confidence.

Agree with all of that except the talent part.

I love it basically because I just acquired him and Hill for L Murray and Langford