12 Team Dynasty Start-Up - .5 PPR - Superflex - $50 Entry
Hey! My name’s Josh! The goal for this league is to be very competitive, active, and fun year-long! Please reply with your sleeper username and maybe a brief explanation or example of your passion for fantasy football!
Brief description of myself. I’m 25, and I’ve been playing fantasy football since I was 9 years old lol. I’ve been the commissioner of many leagues. I went to school for Sport Management, and I’m currently in 2 dynasty leagues, but neither are superflex, which is why I’m excited about this, as it’s something I’ve wanted to do for years! My friend and I are already in, so there’s 10 spots available!
If there’s enough interest here, I’ll start DM’ing you all on sleeper in the coming days with an invite to the league! I’d love to really develop a community here, so ideally we decide on an app to use like discord to create a great environment for the league to communicate!
- Entry Fee: $50 (12 teams = $600 pot) – using LeagueSafe to distribute and gather funds
- 1st Place= $300
- 2nd Place= $150
- Bonus: Highest Scoring Team in Regular Season= $50
- Bonus: Team with Most Individual Weeks as the Highest Scoring Team= $50
- Bonus: Team with Most Points Scored Against Them= $50
The bonuses are to give everyone a decent chance to at least break even on the season while still providing significant upside for the best teams in the league to win + have multiple bonuses to get a big pay day. And it’s fun lol
- 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 Superflex – 15 Bench – 3 IR – no taxi squad (I’m up for debating roster sizes if the league wants to vote on that)
- Half PPR and 4 points per passing TD – the rest is standard scoring
- The league will be on Sleeper
- 12 Teams
- 6 teams make playoffs
- FAAB waiver system – $200 year long faab budget
- Start up draft will be very soon (ideally within the next week or two) – it’s a snake draft – includes rookies to simply the process - and draft order will be randomly determined in the sleeper app
Rookie Draft Order:
I’ve been in leagues with a variety of rookie draft order formats, but the best I’ve ever seen to encourage a competitive league from start to finish of the season is based on the reverse standings of the playoff results starting with the winner of the consolation bracket. This is to encourage competitive play all the way to the end of the consolation tournament.
The order goes: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 2nd, 1st — the reason it goes this way is to encourage competitive play from every single playoff match until the end of the season. So getting 3rd place is the best case scenario outside of getting paid to be in the championship game.
Other random notes:
There are no trade vetoes – the only case that is considerable is if there is potential thought of extreme collusion in trades – it would require a unanimous vote (besides the two who are making the trade) – I hope it never would ever come to this though lol (in all other leagues I’ve been in, there’s never been anything like this at all, so I highly doubt it lol)
Rules changes would require a supermajority vote (8-4) to pass