First Rookie Draft Advice

I have my league’s first rookie draft coming up and was hoping to get some suggestions on moves to make prior to the draft/players to target. We have a 12 team .5ppr 6pt/TD league with a 25 player roster.

(1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 WR/RB flex, 1 WR/RB/TE flex, 1 K, 1DEF)

Here are my picks and current roster (obviously I’m a little heavy on WRs right now)

Picks: 1.04 1.05 2.05 3.05

QBs:

• Josh Allen
  • Daniel Jones
  • Teddy Bridgewater

WRs:

• Hopkins
  • Chris Godwin
  • Deebo Samuel
  • Darius Slayton
  • Brandin Cooks
  • Dede Westbrook
  • Lazard
  • Marquise Brown
  • Hakeem Butler
  • Andy Isabella
  • Mecole Hardman
  • Diontae Johnson

RBs:

• Saquon
  • Miles Sanders
  • Kerryon
  • Justin Jackson
  • Justice Hill

TEs:

• Hayden Hurst
  • Jonnu Smith
  • Jace Sternberger

K: Joey Slye

DEF: Browns

1 Like

It’s hard to make suggestions before the NFL draft happens as the rookie value is very dependent on where they end up.

You seem to have a team with a lot of potential so I wouldn’t be in a rush. The most I would suggest is using the 1.04 or the 1.05 to take a starting piece away from a rebuilding team if you’re trying to win this year.

Your team is ridiculous. That WR stack is impressive! Even your RB core is strong. I think that is where I would put some time. Maybe move your 1.04 to a team needing WR and get a solid RB to bolster there? Your 1.05 will net you either another stud WR or the bonus of rookie RB depth. At that point, the dif between 1.04/1.05 is not much, but the perception of 1.04 will help. That is why I would move that for some known asset.

The other thought I would give you is look to grab a QB at 2.05 if any of the top 3 are still there. I know you are 1QB, but it is not secure as much as it ever could be and I would not mind another young buck in my stable.

But specific players, I could not say. After the draft look not only at where players landed, but WHEN they were taken. The when is more important that the where IMHO. But do not discount the where. IE: NYG that guy is not starting over Barkley even if he went in the 2nd.

I hope this helps!

I would possibly try to trade up to the 1.01 or 1.02 to ensure you get one of the top RB to help your RB depth. May bundle Dede and with your 1.04 and see if that is enough to move up. Or I do like the other options of trading out of the 1.04/1.05 to get a valuable RB from a team that is lacking WR depth. Hope your draft goes well and let us know what you decide to do!

I would hold onto the 1.04 and 1.05 and draft one the top five runningbacks for this years draft. CEH, JT, Dobbins, Swift, and Akers are all high upside runningbacks.

1 Like

Ok, so quick update. I tried trading for higher picks, but was bluntly rejected by all three teams. So, I ended up trading Westbrook and both of my 1st round picks for Josh Jacobs. Not sure if it was an overpay, but I love Jacobs and I don’t have to worry about accidentally drafting a bust. I think this rounds my team out really nicely and hopefully I can grab some good value with my remaining two picks. Thanks for the advice!

2 Likes