FleaFlicker Vs MFL

Howdy Footclan!

Trying to decide what platform to use for my next Dynasty league.
So far I’ve only used MFL, and I don’t really like it.
I was wondering if someone can tell me a bit about how FleaFlicker is better (or different), except for being free.
Also, any other options like ESPN would be welcomed (I use ESPN for redraft/keepers leagues, but I’m not sure how it would handle the offseason for dynasty).

Thanks!

-Nico

I have had very little experience with Flea Flicker. One of my redraft leagues from lat year attempted to use it and ultimately abandoned, mid-way through the draft, due to difficulty of use.

I know that others can and have used ESPN for dynasty. I think the Commissioner looses a lot in terms of Admin tools and the added requirement to keep an offsite doc for off-season activities is a deal breaker for me.

What don’t you like about MFL? Any specifics?

I personally don’t like the interface. It’s not easy to use or navigate. ESPN is way better for that.
Also, I don’t like the fact that I have to pay a fee (that can eventually change).
So i’m trying to evaluate options to see if there’s something better out there before committing to pay a fee every year for the league.

I agree that the interface is not easy to navigate, initially. After using for a bit I found that it was better then any other user interface. It has every option that a user could want in order to do research and find things in their league.

Here are a few examples:

If you want to know what free agents are currently available:
Reports > Player > Full Free Agents Listing
…from their you can sort by Add percentage (see who others are adding most), total ownership percentage (see who is owned in most leagues) and Projected Points (who could score me points this weekend). This is invaluable info for the wwaiver wire.

If you want to find out which players scored the most points:
Reports > Player > Top Performers and Free Agents
…from here you can choose years past. I find this helpful to find trends. Maybe a player was hurt in one year, but had massive years in the past.
…you can narrow down by position or by free agents vs overall.

If you want to see what other bid:
Reports > Franchise > Previously Processed Waivers
…maybe another team bid on a player but didn’t have the roster space. You can now out bid them next time.

If you want to see the history of a player over multiple years:
Choose Rosters, then select any player. Select Transaction History.
… from here you can see what round they were drafted, if they were traded, If they were dropped/added, or what amount they were claimed from on waivers.
This is helpful when making a trade offer. Gives you an idea how that player has been valued in the past.

Anyway, just a few examples of how I use it. Feel free to ask if there is anything specific you are looking for.

1 Like

I use fleaflicker for dynasty as a player in two leagues and a commissioner in one. I have no experience with their live drafting but we are currently in our startup email draft which is going well. It’s perfect for dynasty with pick trading and full offseason functionality. The support staff are really good and have lots of work arounds within the system

1 Like