‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Funchess or Crabtree

Who should I start in my flex position this week?
Standard Scoring

Bumping this post HELP!!!

I drafted Crabtree. Had the chance to pick up Funchess but decided not to. Crabtree is clearly the top weapon in Oakland. Even with EJ Manuel under center he had a big game against a very good secondary, and would have had 2td’s if he didn’t trip over his own feet while wide open inside the 5. Funchess is on a very good offense, but has more competition for touches. Both are solid options. I would go with Crabtree as the safer choice. MC has years of solid production. Funchess is hit or miss. Hope this helps, good luck.

Pay attention to the injury report. If Funchess is healthy, I would actually start him here, its tough since Crabtree has the bigger name. Funchess has received 6+ targets in each week but week1. Pretty close though

I have people who want Funchess in my league. I have been offered Doug Baldwin in one trade and Alvin Kamara in another. What do you guys think about that?

Baldwin is starting slow, on a team that cannot run, the passing opportunity will be there. The FF ballers always talk about how Seattle is a second half team in all aspects, season/game. He has a decent 2nd half schedule. Greg Olsen should be back by the fantasy playoffs per the latest reports. Kamara is looking locked in for a big role throughout the year and plays Atlanta twice and and the Jets in the fantasy playoffs. I would trade high on Funchess. Definitely for Kamara, not sure about Baldwin though.

The other poster made a very good point about Funchess, the targets and opportunity are clearly there. I don’t think he will maintain the stats though. If Benjamin gets hurt again, which almost came true recently, he will be double teamed each play until atleast Olsen is back. Carolina has had very inconsistent fantasy output in recent years. Funchess is a very good play, but im not personally buying the consistent points yet. Up to you, hope things works out well.