G. Davis for R. Bateman dynasty trade

I was offered Gabriel Davis for Rashod Bateman in dynasty.

Initially I wanted to accept. Davis is part of a potent pass happy offense as the WR2 that can offer WR1 upside.

Bateman is the 2nd target in BAL and should see a good volume of targets now that Hollywood is gone.

I am leaning accepting because I already have Andrews and I like BUF offense better than BAL.

Thoughts Footclan?

Team context:
Starters:
Herbert
J Taylor
J Williams
Chase
Pittman
Andrews
Waddle
Akers
Bench:
Carr
Lance
Sanders
Dillon
Hall
Bateman
Collins
Ridley
Irv

My question to you is this: does that trade make your team better? I don’t think the trade makes your team any better. I feel like a lot of Davis’ hype comes from the KC playoff game. Additionally, you trade one teams WR1 for another teams WR2.

Just my thoughts.

1 Like

You make a very good point. I think I was blinded by the KC game.

I’m a KC fan and even I was.

I also think BUF offense is going to have a WAY bigger passing pie than BAL and Allen is a much better passer than Lamar will ever be.

In 4 years, 401 pass attempts is Lamar’s most in a season while Allen’s pass attempts have increased by 100 attempts every year (4 years) in a very pass happy attack.

Overall, I think giving up Bateman for Davis is a lateral move, it is just deciding between the WR1 (2nd target on team) in a smaller passing pie vs the WR2 (2nd/3rd target on team) in a huge passing pie.

Agreed with valid points. If you are a true contender make the decision that will take you to the top. Your team looks solid, and young. If you’re not, don’t be near sighted.