Give up on Landry?

I know this guy is talented, but I’m sick of Baker not being able to move the ball and making good plays to his top WR. Landry has had some easy matchups and all he seems to produce is 8 points every week in 1/2 pt. ppr. It’s getting old. Mayfield sucks.

2 Likes

1/2 PPR league.

I rage traded him Sunday in the 4th quarter; guy in my league left an offer open through the games this weekend, so I accepted and just received Tate and shipped away Landry this morning. I’ll take Tate and the hope that he will be ok in a better offense versus the target monster from an inept passer with a new coach and coordinator.

2 Likes

I was lucky and moved him a few weeks back as part of a big package for Julio Jones. But like you I noticed the high volume, but also noted the lack of catchable targets. Landry is awesome but I’m beginning to hate Mayfield, maybe next year…

101 targets only 55 receptions is an awful catch rate…they should hav had enough time by now to get in sync I don’t get it…

1 Like

To this point, is it an issue with Mayfield or Landry? I would think on Mayfield for the most part, but haven’t had a chance to watch him play. I also own Landry and am getting tired of his boom or bust potential especially since he their WR1.

1 Like

Yea I hav Landry as well…I currently hav an offer on the table to acquire kittle for Landry jus not sure if I should pull the trigger on it I also own Woods, sanders and Larry Fitzgerald and Jimmy Graham…

1 Like

I like that. I think I might trading Landry for Tate too.

1 Like

I would take Kittle all day and be done with Landry. He’s quietly the TE3/4 on the season. Then I’d try to shop Graham honestly. Package Big Jimmy and trade him. He is kind of a bust, especially where he was drafted and the expectation of being a red zone target on an Aaron Rodger’s passing offense…

I know people here and all the analysts have been saying hold onto Landry and Baker for these juicy matchups, but the potential and the hype just isn’t coming to fruition. Landry has had a couple bad drops, but not enough to account for the 50% catch rate! That’s awful! That Tampa game should have been HUGE for fantasy numbers, but it was pretty awful to watch and didn’t manifest itself into the fantasy bonanza that we were all expecting at all. Falcons stink on D against passers, so maybe he’ll get start getting right since I traded him LOL.

2 Likes

If you look on playerprofiler only 70% of Landry’s targets are catchable. That means his true catch % is 72%, I think we know what the issue is…

1 Like

Mayfield sucks. Landry owners and john brown owners feel the same. Horrible qb play

2 Likes

Player profile…? What’s that?!

It’s a website that breaks down player stats, opportunity stats and efficiency stats. As well as expected fantasy points based on league average for their opportunity

It always happens that way that’s y I don’t want to trade him yet I kno if I do it now he will go off vs the falcons…

I’m trying to package Landry away as best i can for an upgrade in 2 for 1 or even 3 for 2 type deals. He’s been a useable floor guy but Mayfield is trying too hard and his upside is too unpredictable as a result so i don’t mind getting rid of him but would rather do it in a package than take too low a return.

If i can’t get that type of deal done then he’s a hold again and if he goes big against the Falcons, stock will go up slightly and I’ll carry on trying to trade for an upgrade deal. Otherwise he’s becoming a player that you just have on the bench and debate starting each week, can’t get the boom games right and is a frustration week to week.

1 Like

somehow was able to snake Duke off of waivers and honestly just want to be done with Landry after trading for him before his juicy run of games. i always fight starting him, and i havent been happy with the result of any of his starts after trading JAMES EFFING WHITE for him. I thought Michel was just going to kill white not to mention with adding gordon, edelman coming back, and gronk getting healthy (hasnt happened yet) i figured his regression would have been massive.

cant trust baker, hasnt shown out in electric matchups, i want him gone. hopefully a 2 for 1 for an upgrade. what do you think peoples temp is on landry? think i could swing a deal?

@James89

1 Like

If you can i’d do it for sure but the market is low for Landry right now it’s really using the same tired spin of ‘he gets targets and look at the matchups…’ the same narrative we bought into for him in the first place lol! I don’t feel quite as bad as you as i went to an owner in dire need and flipped Yeldon for Landry so i won out ultimately but I’ve started him in all the good matchups and had one game i was happy with the rest i had two or three bench options do better.

Trade wise, I’m thinking use him as a sweetener with a solid RB or WR to go for a stud miss firing? I’m working on the Zeke owner myself in my league right now, I’ve got the ammo to get a deal done but some one like that he’s had two quiet games in a row based on their standards and the owner may be tilting a little plus Zeke’s schedule doesn’t ease up until playoff time so maybe some has him who is fighting to get in, maybe took a lose last week? Otherwise i’m holding (again) and hoping for a big game this week then i’ll start shopping hard ahead of our trade deadline