Golden Tate dynasty value help

I am having a tough time figuring out Golden Tate’s dynasty value right now after his signing with the Giants. How would you guys rank his current value for .5ppr?

It is tough. Imo its not gonna be that great, maybe a wr3 in fantasy production. They now have 2 slot receivers in sheppard and tate. Did not like the signing of tate at the first place.

But who knows what the minicamps and trainingcamp brings. But i dont expect allot.

I think he, Engram, Barkley and Shepard will eat into each others production and also be dragged down by Eli. Barkley is safe but Tate and Engram will likely cap each other (goodbye short-lived top 5 TE option!)

Realistically i have him in the WR25-30 range on the year and while he could have the odd week here and there that he gives you good WR2 numbers i don’t think it will be a regular thing.

1 Like

Ah man! Indeed thats why i did not like the signing i have Engram!

He still will likely be a top 8 maybe even top 5 TE on the season but i feel consistency takes a hit with Tate there along with Barkley all in the short area target range.

Dynasty long term i still like him, once the Giants sort their QB out and Tate is a patch job for now he will have long term value as he is a matchup problem and has proven he can be a higher volume receiver - Tate makes him a buy low if you don’t have him and a hold if you do IMO.

Redraft wise i hope he drops now in ADP and can be had later in drafts i’d still be interested at the right draft day price.

1 Like

Ow he is for sure not leaving my dynasty team! I love Engram for the future, also have gesicki, stil like him after a bust season behind him.

1 Like