‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Grade my trades at the deadline

Last day of trade deadline was nuts. Going into next season I did not have a 4th, 6th, 7th or 8th round pick (traded them all away). So I attempted to make some trades to benefit me this year, as well as next. The (#) next to their names indicates what round they can be kept in next year. How’d I do?

Trade 1 (This trade was more for next year planning obviously)
I gave: E. Elliot (who cannot be kept), T. Kelce(5), D. Parker (who cannot be kept), 2018 10th, 2018 14th
I got: J. Maclin(6), J. Doctson(14), M. Forte(7), 2018 2nd, 2018 3rd

The way I look at it is Parker is useless since I have Julio, Thielen and Funchess. Zeke is useless unless I make the championship. So I essentially trade Kelce who can be kept for a 5th round pick, for a 2nd round and 3rd round pick.

Trade 2 (This trade was more for this year planning obviously)
I gave: J. Howard(14), 2018 3rd, 2018 5th
I got: M. Ingram(12), J. Jones, E. Engram(14), 2018 4th, 2018 8th

My lineup now:
QB - R. WILSON
WR - J. JONES
WR - A. THIELEN
RB - L. BELL
RB - M. INGRAM
TE - E. ENGRAM
W/R - D. FUNCHESS
K - G. ZUERLINE
DEF - BALT D
BN - K. DRAKE, A. MORRIS, J. MACLIN, J. DOCTSON, M. FORTE

I don’t like he first trade at all… regardless of what the goal was. Giving up Zeke (and Kelce) was a bad call imo and you didn’t get nearly enough value back. Not a fan of including Parker either. That one is rough. The second one I like. Hopefully it will offset the first.

Neither Zeke or Parker are keeper eligible though. They are only this year. And Zeke being out until week 16 is pretty much useless to me. Kelce is the only one with future value. I trade Zeke to a team that most likely will not make the playoffs. We were going to do: Parker, Kelce only for a 2nd and 4th but I tossed in Zeke to turn the 4th to a 3rd.

Trade 1: Woah, yea that first trade wasn’t great. I don’t see any value at all in that trade for you…except one upgrade for a draft pick. Parker > Maclin, Docston, and Forte to varying degrees. Kelce is a top 3 TE. So you downgraded at WR and gave up a great TE to basically move up one round next year. Hardly helps you next year and really hurts you this year.

Trade 2: Bingo, That’s a great trade.

Well the way I looked at is this:

I knew Julio was coming to my team in the other trade. And him and Thielen will start every week over Parker, and I have Funchess on my bench (who would also start over Paker). So Parker was useless to me the rest of the season. Furthermore, Zeke is useless to me as well (unless I make the championship). So essentially I traded away two useless players who have to go back into the draft next season + Kelce who is a 5th round keeper, for a 2nd and 3rd round pick. So with the pre-sesaon rankings from this past year, I could use those picks and get a Micahel Thomas, Deandre Hopkins, Jordan Reed, Dalvin Cook type player.

So when looking at players with future value… It would end up being Kelce for Dalvin Cook and Michael Thomas.