‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Grade the Trades

Here is the story of how this off-season, I decided to go for it.

The league is a 10 team PPR, 2 QB, 3 WR, 2 Flex dynasty league.

My team finished 3-10 and I received the 1.02 pick in the rookie draft.
I didn’t feel like I had a 3-10 roster, as I lost 6 games by less than 10 points.

I was getting offers for 1.02, and I was considering taking Fournette there.

Here was my roster pre-draft

• QB: Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, Colin Kaepernick, Tom Savage
  • RB: Lamar Miller, Jordan Howard, CJ Anderson, James White, Dion Lewis
  • WR: Allen Robinson, Demaryius Thomas, Rishard Matthews, Tyler Boyd, Malcom Mitchell, Adam Humprhies, Marvin Jones, Phillip Dorsett, Brandom Coleman
  • TE: Eric Ebron, Antonio Gates

It all started when I traded the 1.02

• SENT: 1.02, Demaryius Thomas, 2018 3rd
  • RECEIVED: Melvin Gordon, Jarvis Landry, 2018 2nd

Then I made a sweet trade at draft day for a potential game-breaker

• SENT: 2.02
  • RECEIVED: Taylor Gabriel, 2018 2nd

I felt like I had good RB’s and one team was pestering me for Jordan Howard, and I wasn’t a huge CJ Anderson fan (the Jamaal Charles pick up worried me) and I needed to improve at TE.

• SENT: Jordan Howard, CJ Anderson, 5.02
  • RECEIVED: Zach Ertz, Isiah Crowell, Adrian Peterson, 2018 1st Round

The rookie draft came and I selected Josh Reynold, Joe Williams, D’Onta Foreman, and Gerald Everett.

Now I’m thinking, ok. All I need is a stud WR, and a better second QB and I can compete. Well, I think I made out pretty well with the next four trades to complete my journey from a 3-10 team to possible title contender.

*SENT: 2018 1st, 2018 2nd, Josh Doctson
*RECEIVED: Jordy Nelson, Taejae Sharpe, 2018 3rd

*SENT: 2018 2nd
*RECEIVED: Sam Bradford, Teddy Bridgewater

*SENT: Sam Bradford, Teddy Bridgewater, 2018 2nd
*RECEIVED: Andy Dalton

*SENT: Allen Robinson, Isiah Crowell, 2018 1st, 2018 2nd
*RECEIVED: Julio Jones, Julian Edleman, Danny Woodhead

Now my roster looks like:

• QB: Tom Brady, Andy Dalton, Carson Palmer, Tom Savage
  • RB: Melvin Gordon, Lamar Miller, Danny Woodhead, Adrian Peterson, Joe Williams, D’Onta Foreman, James White, Dion Lewis
  • WR: Julio Jones, Jordy Nelson, Julian Edleman, Jarvis Landry, Rishard Matthews, Taylor Gabriel, Tyler Boyd, Malcom Mitchell, Marvin Jones, Josh Reynold
  • TE: Zach Ertz, Eric Ebron, Antonio Gates, Gerald Everett

My gosh I love dynasty.

Nice work! That team is stacked! Definitely giving you an A grade.

The Jordy Nelson trade and the Julio Jones trade were highway robbery. All of these trades were good, but those trades you fleeced the other owner. When I was first reading your roster from last year I thought “no I can definitely see how this team finished 3-10” (no offense). However, after all these trades you instantly shot yourself up to a contender. I’m not sure what your future looks like (a lot of draft picks traded to try and keep track). But you are in a good spot this year. Well done sir. Well done indeed…

In 2018 i have only 4th, 5th and 6th round picks. In 2019 I have all my
picks.

Yeah you totally killed that. The 2nd trade had me worried but you ended up with an absolutely stacked team, I see a ton of players I want this year. Good job

No i feel ya. I mos def was a 3-10 team.

I meant that I lost a lot of close games so I didnt feel like I should blow it up, and that as you can see above I had the pieces to make trades to go from pretender to contender.

Wow i love the moves, thought you gave up too much when sending away howard and anderson, but you were able to turn that into some more gold. A+++ brother

I made more trades.

SENT:
Tajae Sharpe
Brandon Coleman

RECEIVED:
Allen Hurns
2018 4th Round Pick

and then I did

SENT:
Julian Edleman
Tyler Boyd

RECEIVED:
Kelvin Benjamin

I like the first trade, as for the second trade i don’t know what you gained as K. Benjamin wont outscore edelman this year or next year…or ever probably

He will.

Check the stat lines.

Edleman went 98 for 1106 w/ 3 TDs for 226.6 FPs
Benjamin went 63 for 974 w/ 7 TDs for 202.4 FPS

Benjamin was only 24 FPs off of Edleman last season.

This year Edleman has to compete with Gronk, James White, Gilislee, Mitchell, Hogan, Cooks and Allen for targets. The Pats offense just has way too many mouths to feed. You’ll see regression from Edleman in every category, and he just does not score many touchdowns.

Kelvin is 5 years younger, is the #1 target, has much higher touchdown potential and is on a team that’s trying to throw the ball more and more to protect their QB.

Benjamin is the right play over Edleman in dynasty.

I am not as high as you are in Benjamin. True he was 24 points less, but he didn’t look good doing it. I think Funches could take away some red zone targets and McCaffrey will for sure get a bunch.

Ah. You were just fine in my opinion. Being a PPR league, Edelman is much better than Kelvin Benjamin. But you never know, Benjamin may be more consistent?