Gurley saga

Whats going on fellas. Drafted Gurley in the second round. Watched that whole game yesterday and it doesn’t look too promising. Whats your two cents fellas? hold on for a few weeks to see what happens or cut my loses right now and put him on the trading block. I may have an offer coming through soon for Amari Cooper Straight up.

He’s going to be Kamara lite. He’s volume is going to be limited but he will be super efficient with that (ran at over 6 a carry). LAR seemed to want to protect him more by having Brown be the goalline guy; but, at the end of the game, when they needed to run the clock out, they fed Gurley. I think the first couple weeks will be rough sailing as the Rams protect him and give goalline work to Gurley; but, his efficiency should keep him around a mid RB2 with RB1 upside if he does fall into the endzone. For me, he’s a hold to see if he gets any goalline or receiving work in the next week or two

1 Like

Also a Gurley owner here. I drafted him at the end of the second round in a 12 man league. Figured I was getting him for a discount for exactly this reason. Mind you, a lot of write ups and opinion of Gurley is for people who took him in the first round. In that sense, he is looking like a bust. But for someone who took him later, he appears to be an upside RB2 unless something changes. I didn’t watch Sunday’s game, but from I read Brown appeared to be lucky in playing the drives that happened to have the rushing touchdowns. Brown did not vulture the TDs on Gurley drives and Gurley was efficient towards the end of the game. My best guess is that they took it easy on him last week because they want him to play later in the season, which means hes only going to get better. I could be totally wrong, but when you consider Gurleys talent and team he’s on, he had a way better game than many RBs drafted near him like Kerryon Johnson, Aaron Jones, Davonte Freeman, etc.

1 Like

Gentlemen thank you very much for the in-depth and amazing responses. I’m going to hold onto him for a few weeks to see if he can be 100% by week 5/6. If he’s constantly slipping i’ll dump him off for a high price. Until then i’ll be checking in on this thread to keep the convo going between us Gurley believers lol. Again thank you fellas and best of luck to ya this season my boys!

1 Like

Gurley is going to be great man. He had great efficiency this weekend and will continue to do so. Brown getting the red zone carries won’t happen every week. We now know that Gurley has a solid floor and will continue to increase throughout the season. Think of this game as Gurley’s warmup. That and the fact that the game wasn’t as close as the score presents. I think McVay knew he had won the chess match. Why ruin Gurley early in the season with a game like that? I’ll be here too, rooting for Gurley along with you dudes.

1 Like

What’s up man! I agree. McVay is really trying to stretch his usage for tougher games and maximize his peak performance. I just hope his knee holds up to the workload. I just snagged Malcom Brown off the wires in all the leagues I have him in about 2 hours ago . I hope it works out for us. Until then my brother welcome to the party! Crack a beer, kick your feet up and get ready for a hell of a ride!

I don’t know boys it doesn’t look too promising for the season. He seems to be running scared and is nursing the shit out of that knee. I dont know think he will finish the season.

He looked good on that TD run he had. The problem is that we’re used to seeing him do that several times during one game. Hopefully this helped build his confidence. I think there will be more games where Gurley will be fed. Seemed to me that they were prepared to do that before Brees went out. After that, McVay knew they had the game against Bridgewater.