‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Help on League Roster Construction

I’m the commissioner of a 10-team PPR league. We are redrafting this year and making several changes to the league from last year. We are playing around with starting/bench roster size and configurations and want to know y’all’s opinion.

Last Year’s roster config: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, DST, K, 7 Bench

This Year’s proposed config: 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, DST, K, 6 bench

What do you think? We thought that increasing the amount of starting roster spots might make things more risky (thus fun) when it comes to who to start. For instance, we will have to start players on our roster that we might not love that week or will have to make harder decisions on who to start/sit. We just realized that last year most teams just rode the same players each week while only having to play maybe one ‘risky’ player each week.

Have any of you ever played around with these settings in a league and enjoyed it? Please let me know! I appreciate it!

Yeah i def think you are drastically changing the league. its def going to be a different season and draft.

Decreasing the bench and adding 2 QB’s and that 3WR will def make plp have to make the tough decisions.

I don’t see anything wrong with it. Just be open to talking about it with your league at the end of the year and if they didn’t like it don’t be offended and maybe change it back or take away a few things at a time so that the majority of the league enjoys it.

Thank you! I appreciate that advice!