Herbert Add or Waiver Priority?

So, I completely punted the QB position in my draft and took Wentz with my last pick, with the plan to be streaming for the season. Everyone else was reaching hard for QBs above their ADPs, and a few made the delightful decision of grabbing a backup too. Decided to stack up on a squad full of RBs, WRs, and Waller. Now one of the teams who took 2 QB 1’s has dropped Herbert (They also drafted Russ Wilson). This is my one league that is not using a FAAB waiver system, instead using a continuing rolling waiver list that does not reset every week.
So my question is this: do you guys think it’s worth grabbing Herbert and dropping Wentz, and putting my waiver priority down at the bottom of the totem pole? Or preserve my higher waiver priority for Post week 1 waiver adds? (League is 0.5 PPR, 4-pt passing TD)

Team:
QB: Wentz
RB: CMC
RB: Mixon
WR: Hot-Lockett
WR: Dionte Johnson
WR: A.B.
TE: Waller
FLEX: Chase Edmonds

BN: Mostert, Dillon, Mattison, C.Davis, Pittman, Gage
IR: Mike Thomas
K: Succop
DEF: Indy

I would definitely be scooping him up there

1 Like

Seems like a no brainer for me. Pick him up as long as he’s there :sunglasses:

1 Like

Not sure why you have a #3 WR like AB starting with a #1 WR like Corey Davis on your bench, but that’s beside the point.

It seems like if your plan and strategy all along was to not invest draft capital at QB and just stream, then you’d kind of be defeating your own strategy if you turn around and invest your first waiver priority into a QB. That said, Herbert would be a set-it-and-forget-it upgrade, and you’re going to have to replace Wentz anyway (why would you draft a Week 1 QB for streaming who is so iffy for Week 1?). You also look to be pretty well benched, so it’s not like you’ll NEED another high-priority free agent any time soon (knock on wood).

Yeah, probly go for it…