‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

How Danny Woodhead Will Help You Win Your Fantasy Football League

Originally published at: https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/danny-woodhead-will-help-win-fantasy-football-league/

Daniel Jacob Woodhead is the definition of an all or nothing fantasy player. Over the last 4 years, he’s been an RB1 in PPR leagues twice and basically missed the entire season twice. He doesn’t believe in doing anything halfway. Knowing what I do about the Baltimore Ravens passing game, I was excited when I…

If Danny Woodhead can stay healthy, Joe Flacco will target him over and over again. I don’t think it’s out of the question that Woodhead could push towards 100 receptions this year, especially given that I think the Ravens will be trailing a lot this year and will need Woodhead out there more.

Excellent points. Factor in Pitta’ s injury and the fact that he lined up in the slot in OTAs and you have the recipe for slot of receptions.

Great points. Remember he’s 32 years old and coming off an ACL injury. It’s not crazy to think he may have lost a step, even if healthy. Regardless, I’ll be targeting him in PPR leagues.

I would be totally content with him as my #2 RB, and would be thrilled to have him as my flex in PPR!

I’m also giving serious looks to Flacco late in the draft.

What would be a good round to draft him in full ppr

Current ADP has Woodhead going at the 6.08 in a 12-team PPR… up from 8.08 when the UDK was published, which has him as the RB18.

As both @Lt.Dangler and @hardknoxffb mentioned, balancing injury concerns with upside, the 6th round seems like a fair place to grab him – so the 5th round if you’re specifically targeting him. By the 5th (and especially the 6th), you’ve filled your 2 starting WRs and RBs, and Woodhead at Flex has a nice ring to it.