‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

How do you select draft order?

Was curious if you guys had any creative ways of generating draft order that isn’t simply randomizing through your platform?

LEMME KNOW! Thanks

recently joined a league that makes it a competition. its a local league. for example we have already done a world cup bracket, and a home run derby bracket. this Saturday we are meeting up to play cornhole, beer pong, madden, and poker to figure out the rest of it. how you do in each event is worth a certain amount of points. if you have the most points by the end of it, you get to pick what position to draft from. second place gets to pick after, 3rd, 4th, so on and so on. its a really fun way to interact with your league.

Ditto on the above. I commish a home league so we do competitions which change every year. This year, we did a FIFA world cup bracket.

Other competitions include March Madness Bracket, Draft Combine / 40 yard dash, super smash bros competition, drinking competition, etc.

This year our dynasty startup league randomized the top 10 golfers in the world and then randomly assigned one golfer to each team. How these golfers finished in the British Open determined our draft order.

I’m in a 10 team league and top 4 make the playoffs. 1st 2nd and 3rd get money and the guy that finishes fourth gets to select which draft position he wants first. The winner of the losers bracket gets second pick and then all the way down to the 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place finisher picking the last three draft spots. This works well for a keeper league because people don’t necessarily want the first pick.

I like the March Madness bracket idea since it’s fairly random and almost everyone in my league fills out brackets anyway.

My league did a horse race, was fun for a few minutes but I like idea of another sports tournament that can provide entertainment for longer & more opportunities for smack talk :horse_racing: