How should I approach Rookie Draft?!

Had a rough go in my dynasty league last year, ended up with a whooping 3-10 record, and 2020 1.01 for our rookie draft. Looking for some advice on how to approach our rookie draft. Been getting offers for 1.01, but I think I might stand pat, and go with CEH or Taylor. Definitely wanna hear what you guys think, or what your approach would be!

12 team / .5PPR / 2 FLEX (W/R/T)

Current roster is (careful, it’s not pretty):

QB:
Jared Allen
Cam Newton
Gardner Minshew

RB:
Saquon Barkley
Raheem Mostert
Devonta Freeman
Matt Brieda
Latavius Murray
Gio Bernard
Ty Montgomery
Frank Gore
Lamar Miller
Darwin Thompson

WR:
AJ Green
Hollywood Brown
Robby Anderson
Geronimo Allison
Auden Tate
Dante Pettis
Antonio Brown

TE:
Hunter Henry
Jack Doyle

DEF:
Seahawks
Panthers

Draft Picks:

I would probably go CEH but you’re struggling at receiver as well. Have you thought about trading back to get some more picks? What have they been offering you for the 1.01?

1 Like

Yeah not sure if Lamb/Jeudy at 1.01 would be the pick for me. Offers on the table right now:

1.01 and 2.01 for Dalvin Cook and 4.10.
Saquon for 1.07, 1.011, and 2021 1st

I’d probably go with CEH or the 2nd trade (someone with more draft trade experience please chime in) because you can probably still get Higgins or Pittman at the 2.01 which ain’t bad to start filling out the WR spot.

1 Like

I personally don’t think that Saquon trade is fair. It seems like a lot because you’re getting 3 firsts, but Saquon when producing is worth more than that considering they are later firsts and you have to assume the 2021 first will be a late first. If he wants Saquon from you, make him pay with a top WR and a first would be my suggestion.
The Dalvin trade I think is fair, but you may want your picks instead. You could get CEH and maybe hit on a receiver at 2.01.
I would suggest trading back to 1.03 or 1.04 and try to get a 2021 first in return. Take a RB with that pick and then a WR at 2.01. Then you have some capital for next year

I would look to trade back to maybe 1.4- 1.6 and see if you can grab a second rounder on top. I would not trade your Saquon, I would offer the 1.1 to the second offer for 1.7 and 1.11 (squeeze out another 2 or 3 if you can), with those 2 and your 2.1 you could retool wr and maybe grab tua or burrow.