How to handle David Johnson RoS?

I, like many others, fell victim to Kliff Kingsburry’s coach speak this weekend and played David Johnson. It was the sole reason I lost my match up. Luckily, I was able to stash Edmonds earlier in the season. Going forward, how would you handle David Johnson? Is this turning into a RBBC situation? Honestly, a complete take over by Edmonds is not out of the realm of possibilities - he looked better than Johnson has all year. Am I throwing darts each week at who’s going to get the TD(s) or do I play them both?

The week against the Falcons both were viable options especially with Edmonds in the flex. I’m also in this position. I am honestly hoping the bucs come knocking and try to work out a deal. They need an RB and why not try to get Arians guy that he had at 2k yards and 20 TDs. Maybe try and give barber and pick to the cards for depth and the future. That’s what I’m hoping because then you get 2 RB1s lol

1 Like

Same boat for me, but I have no idea how to approach the situation. I would like to trade them but I don’t think you’re going to get RB1 return since we have no idea who the main guy is going to be. I got lucky to hopefully win my week still, assuming Robby Anderson doesn’t go for 32pts tonight, but this is a concerning situation going forward.

I feel like DJ is still the better pass catcher, but Edmonds looked great on the ground (granted it was against the Giants).

@Rosso24 - Yeah, I wouldn’t get much for DJ and Edmunds at this point in time. Maybe wait for a week in which they both do well and sell them high? AZ has much harder schedule ahead (NO, SF, TB, SF) so maybe they will go back to leaning on DJ’s receiving skills as they will most likely be playing from behind?

You assume so, but there’s no guarantee at this point.

1 Like

I as well fell victim with edmonds sitting on my bench. After the game speech and activity we saw from edmonds I will be playing him over DJ and assume that he is now the RB1 in Arizona. There are to many risk with DJ constantly being injury prone to argue playing him over Edmonds from here on out IMO

1 Like

I see them playing from behind but they’ve been scoring the last few weeks. If they’re playing behind in all those games it’s maybe 10 points so not a crazy pass heavy situation

1 Like