‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

How to use #1 Waiver Priority

Our league (12-team full PPR) resets waiver priority each week, so I need to use it or lose it.

I am deep at WR (Jordy, Keenan Allen, Crabtree, DeVante Parker), weaker at RB (Ajayi, Doug Martin, Buck Allen, Smallwood), and streaming QB’s.

Here are the top players available:

Deshaun Watson
Aaron Jones
Wayne Gallman
Jerick McKinnon
Chris Johnson
Andre Ellington

The only player that I think would be an immediate play would be Watson. Being 1-3 at this point in the season he could be the potential shot in the arm my team needs. Thoughts?

You definitely don’t need to pick up a WR. Even with Crabpeople riding the pine. Since you stream QBs unless Watson is the only startable QB out there, I think you can find equally suitable options after waivers clear.

In this situation I think Aaron Jones is the pickup. I think Doug Martin is great but not great this week. I think they might work him into the starting role slowly by limiting his workload after being away for so long. That being said, you need to monitor Montgomery’s status closely today. I think it’s highly unlikely he plays with “multiple broken ribs” but you never know. If he doesn’t play, with Williams also out, Jones could be in for a big workload. Then by the time Montgomery gets back hopefully Martin will be the workhorse and you can drop Jones and pick up the new hotness.