Huge Dynasty Offseason Decisions

So I won my inaugural dynasty league last year riding the tailcoats of Julio, Davante Adams, CJ Anderson, Jamaal Williams, and Jaylen Samuels (thank you Yahoo). In other words… I have no RBs.

My RBs consist of:
Kenyan Drake - prayers for my man
Jaylen Samuels
Jamaal Williams
Jordan Howard
CJ Anderson (most likely dropped)
Alfred Blue (will be dropped)
Jeff Wilson Jr. (will be dropped)
Jerrick McKinnon
Rex Burkhead (might be dropped)
and Derrius Guice

Even though I won my league, I made a trade that got me the 4th overall pick in the rookie draft. Clearly I want to address my RB situation. Currently, I’m deciding between three options:

1. Draft Montgomery or Sanders ( IF they are available)
  2. Package my 4th overall pick, 2020 1st Rd pick, and Tyler Boyd for David Johnson and Allen Robinson
    or 3) Same package for Todd Gurley

What do you guys think?

Given your 3 options, I would probably go with the 2nd option. I was in a similar situation where I had no rbs besides Kenyan drake and I made a trade for david Johnson. I don’t think miles sanders solves your issue at rb and I wouldn’t expect Montgomery to slide to 4 unless your league is a superflex, then there is a chance. I would rather have Johnson and robinson over gurley in dynasty and I would trade boyd, sanders or whatever rookie u get at 1.04 and a 2020 1st for Johnson and robinson given your need at rb and having julio and adams at wr

If you can get David Johnson I think it’s the right move. Sanders and Montgomery will contribute but both seem destined to be sharing the RB role. Johnson for this season and next (I expext anyway) will be dominant rb barring injury or huge loss of form.

I would draft Montgomery or Sanders. It gives you the most future flexibility.

If they breakout, which is possible as a rookie RB, then you have the least expensive method to improve your RB situation.

If they don’t breakout (early to mid season), than either of those player should still hold enough value to make a similar package trade. If you are a contender, than you might have/want to make this move.

1 Like