I get Saquon, I give Aaron Jones and either Chark or Golladay. Standard scoring. Is either scenario fair to the person giving up Saquon?

Hi,

Trade idea: I get Saquon, I give Aaron Jones and either Chark or Golladay. Standard scoring. Is either scenario fair to the person giving up Saquon?

Depends on the other person’s roster, but I would say that that is still not quite enough for Saquon. Maybe if Golladay wasn’t hurt and had a good week 1, but his value has gone down post-draft.

@bdp18 Yeah, the other person is pretty desperate. Saquon is the only trade material they have. Other WRs are Diggs, Robby Anderson, OBJ.

To help balance it out further, I could trade Lamar for Dak with this person. I’m thinking if QBs are included it could help balance it further. Thoughts?

If you’re including a QB swap like that then that changes things! You could even make that offer, Jones+Jackson for Saquon+Dak, that’s more fair if you really want Saquon. Could throw in a lesser WR on your team like Diggs to sweeten it.

@bdp18 Yeah it probably is more fair. And sorry, to be clear their WRs are OBJ, Diggs, Robby Anderson. Mine are Chark, Golladay, DaVante Parker, McLaurin.

So in order to have a balanced trade where we both feel like winners, it’s this:

She sends:
Dak
Saquon
Stefon Diggs

I send:
Lamar Jackson
Aaron Jones
DJ Chark

That seems pretty fair, yes? To a WR-needy team?

Pretty fair.

@fushaq Cool. Yeah, it seems fair. I just gotta weigh if even need to do this, but I think my WR depth is good enough to handle it. Would make starters Golladay and McLaurin, with backups from D. Parker & P. Campbell (I’m willing to play a bit more loosely with WRs).

Yea that is much more of a fair trade. I would still prefer to be on your end of that trade too, but it is now much closer.

@bdp18 Thank you! And to your last comment, you’d rather receive the Dak side instead of receive the Lamar side?

Yea exactly. I’d still prefer the QB downgrade to get Saquon.

@bdp18 and @fushaq I received a counter.

I send:

• Chris Carson
  • Chark
  • Terry McLaurin

I get

• Saquon
  • Diggs

Thoughts?

It’s pretty nice that you get to keep Jones, but I personally wouldn’t feel comfortable with diggs/parker as my wr 2. Maybe counter with chris carson and chark OR mclaurin for just saquon.

I like this trade even more than the QB swap one actually. You’ll be low on WR depth but you should dominate at RB and get to keep Lamar. You’ll have to run with Diggs+Parker or a waiver wire pickup until Golladay gets back which isn’t ideal but I think it’s worth it for a star RB.