Collins
Lewis

Bench two of these WRs:
Evans
Cooks
D. Thomas
Mike Wallace
Martavis Bryant

I usually don’t like to ask these start/sit questions, but the pressure is building and I’m really second-guessing every decision so any help is appreciated.

Forgot to add that it’s half-PPR.

Perhaps this is relevant in picking a WR, my opponent is almost certainly starting Big Ben so Martavis Bryant’s success will be linked in part to Big Ben’s success.

Please :slight_smile:

This is a really tough situation. I think you sit Cooks against the bills because Dion Lewis will likely get a lot of work running against a bottom give run defense and Cooks will get a lot of coverage from the Bills secondary. If Paxton Lynch plays sit Thomas if he doesn’t play sit Bryant.

That is what I would do.

Kamara

Ingram

Collins

Lewis (Bench)

Bench two of these WRs:

Evans

Cooks (bench)

D. Thomas (bench)

Mike Wallace

Martavis Bryant

:+1:

1 Like

I’d sit Collins, DThomas, & Cooks(or Wallace if you need more upside).

Baltimore is the lowest scoring team of those RBs.
Denver’s Offense is in shambles.
Cooks is erractic.
Wallace plays with Flacco.

Sometimes you have to keep it simple and not overthink yourself.
Good luck!

Bench

Lewis
Thomas
Bryant

1 Like

For running backs I’d bench Collins, but I do like all of them this week

I don’t think you can sit Kamara or Ingram…Kamara as a PPR play will do well regardless…it’s the Jets…as much hype as Lewis gets idk I feel it’s a risk play, same with Collins.

I’d bench Evans and D. Thomas.

Good luck

I benched Evans last week and he was pretty good, but I was just fine without him. This week, though, DJax is out and so is O. J. Howard. I have a feeling Evans gets more targets this week so I want to start him.

D. Thomas seems OK if the Brock Lobster starts, but it’s hard to trust a good player on a bad team. Thomas will see plenty of Josh Norman so that’s a downer.

I think I trust Collins more than Lewis. The Pats use RBs in defined roles. Just because Burkhead is out doesn’t mean Lewis will get more touches. Gillislee is probably going to be playing and will likely be the goal line back.

I don’t actually own Wallace or Bryant, but both are on the waiver wire and if I want to use them I’ll do it tomorrow morning so anyone I drop can’t be picked up by my opponent. Wallace is the guy who seems most interesting to me. He’s averaged over 90 yards over the last three weeks and Maclin is out now so he’s the clear #1 and Flacco, despite is awfulness at times, tends to play better in big games and near the end of the season.

I think I have to agree with the Ingram and Kamara comments. You almost CAN’T take the chance on sitting either of them. I tend to lean Collins over Lewis. I would probably think real strongly about sitting Cooks. Beyond that…wow…some really tough calls here. I know that’s prob not been a whole lot of help…but hope it’s at least been something for you along with the other comments here.:confused:

I wouldn’t ever consider benching Kamara and Ingram is just a half step behind him. It’s down to Lewis and Collins for flex and I think I like Collins simply because the Pats NEVER follow a normal pattern when it comes to using RBs.

I don’t actually have Wallace or Bryant, but it’s a shallow league (8 teams) and both are on the waiver wire for the taking. I kind of like the idea of using Collins and Wallace because Indy is bad against both the pass and run and Baltimore’s offense should go through one or both of them.

Exactly the way my thinking goes. And double that concerning Collins, because of what you said about the Pats. Trying to even HALF guess what Bellicheck’s gonna pull is like trying to figure out what the Govt’s gonna pull next. :roll_eyes:

It wouldn’t surprise me a bit if Gillislee comes out as the top RB for the Pats. Someone who follows the Pats said he expects the Pats to not give Lewis more work than normal to save him for the playoffs. He’s injury prone anyway and not the type of guy who can hold up to 20+ carries.

Thanks for helping me clarify my thinking on this. :slight_smile:

Yeah…Bellicheck’s not gonna put up with any possible downfalls at this point. He’s got a REP to uphold. Not gonna look too good for him if his “NAME’S SAKE” started to wobble now…especially with Brady’s occasional couple of wobbles last few weeks. You can bet Mr. Bill isn’t taking ANNNNNYYYYYY chances at this point in the program. :smirk:

You can’t go too wrong here but I would bench Collins, Thomas, and Wallace. Baltimore just doesn’t put up as many points as the Pats, Saints, and Steelers.

Well crap, I should have followed your advice. I started Wallace over D. Thomas and Collins over Lewis. Neither did much and worst of all the Ravens D/ST was a disappointment. I was projected to win by 15 and now the projection has me up by 2. :frowning:

1 Like

Nods at all the above disappointments. I think it’s been such an injury saturated and strange season that all the teams that have a chance at the Play Offs aren’t taking a chance with any possible point makers and aren’t playing them hard this week. I had the same “PUNCH IN THE FACE” tonight. Had Thielen, Rudolph and McKinnon. Was projected for 37 pts from them combined. Got a BIG FAT WHOPPING 10 pts. Figuring I can hang it up at this point!!!

Still got Alex Smith, McCoy, Kamara and JuJu. Reckon maybe if I don’t hope for much they may pull me through!!! Reverse phsychology seems to have controlled my season!!! SMH!!!:roll_eyes:

For what it’s worth @ukridge…most here chose to start Collins over Lewis. They got the same. It’s just been one of those years!!! So…don’t feel bad. You made the same choice as most FFB’s!!! Just seems to have been one of those “ARE YOU FLIPPING KIDDING ME???” years!!! Geez!!! I got the same with a bunch of my players this year. Have Shady, Thielen, Kamara, Rudolph, Robby Anderson, McKinnon, Robert Woods, ASJ, Alex Smith and Cousins!!! Made it to the first round of Play Offs after an 0-3 start. Got knocked out in first round. Won last week. Was projected to swamp it this week. BUT…we all saw what happened tonight with MIN. So…unless Shady, JuJu, Alex and Kamara pull off an OMG…I’m done!!! LOL and SMH…