If Gurley is out, who to start?

So, Rams game is at 4:25, that means i dont have many options to play in case gurley sits out…
Right now i have:
Spencer Ware (limited pratice, seems like he will play). Can i trust him as a starter this week after what williams did last week?
My other options would be
Allen Robinson
Dante Pettis
Or an WR from the broncos that is not sutton

Standard Scoring

Sounds like you need to sprint to Church and pray Gurley plays. But in all seriousness, Ware is probably your best option. Even if Williams gets more of a time share, that offense is so high powered and it’s a key game for the Chiefs

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. Gurley owner with Ware and Conner. I think I’m going with Baldwin. Ware for you I don’t think would be a horrible choice if he goes. There will be scoring in that game. Pettis might not be bad. He burned me earlier in the year so I’ve sort of faded him but he has came on the last couple of weeks.

1 Like

Yeah, conner is killing me too… Losing him and gurley at the same week may cost me the title.
But lets hope gurley is well enough to play and give us a few TDs haha

1 Like

I have Chubb and Cook so Im still doing okay. Just flex is a lot weaker this week than normal. Fortunately lots of people seem to think Baldwin is a good play this week and I guess I held onto him all year for something. Best of luck. Is there anything on the wire?

1 Like

I am torn on what to do. Gurley didn’t practice again today and it’s not like they really need Gurley to beat AZ. I have CMC and Chubb in my lineup too and picked up all the top suggested RBs from waivers (McGuire, J Williams, Ballage) I also picked up John Kelly. Debating just starting J Williams and hoping for the best and that CMC and Chubb will carry my team. I also have Ware and L Miller, but don’t think I would play either of them.

1 Like

If Gurley is limited Sunday or officially out I’d roll with Spencer Ware as long as he plays which seems like he will, another option since it is Standard and I really don’t like your receiving options just based upon matchups they have is Jon Kelly backup for Gurley.

1 Like

Ware is Doubtful.

2 Likes

This is one of the toughest fantasy decisions I’ve ever had to make.

I don’t know that I can trust CJ with Kelly there too. No matter how smart CJ is will he really be able to know the offense well enough? What if he’s rusty and then Kelly breaks a couple of good runs when they put him in? Match up is great and if they get up then they can just try and run the clock out, but still I just don’t know.

And its worse even thinking what to do if somehow if Gurley is active. You almost have to play him but the not knowing what he’s gonna do would be terrible as well.

2 Likes

Oh crap lol
My decision just got even worst then
I think i might have to roll alen robinson or robby anderson as my flex… not the best options to have in a superbowl haha

I’m lost too. I have CJ and Kelly but I don’t know if I play either or just go with breida who’s been 12 points any time he plays

Gurley is down to a game time decision.

Fortunately if I lose Gurley it’s not the end of the world. It just tightens things up. My opponent lost Cam and might lose Julio.

I’m a Gurley owner as well, and between him, Russell, Dav Adams and Chubb…they’ve all pulled me through every week (mostly Gurley). (Also had A Jones and Evans)

Hence, in the CHAMPIONSHIP.

BUT…really, really, really thinking that since RAMS have it locked up…why would they push Gurley…especially nursing the injury??? TBH…don’t think they’re going to. Even if they toss him in for a play or two…what’s that gonna do for “us” FFB’rs that are needing HUGE pts???

Sooooo…much as it pains me…I truly don’t know if I’m gonna play him. I just picked up Henry and thinking gonna throw him in. Also…grabbed Kelly weeks ago. I was watching him way back in pre-season, and this little guy was AMAZING!!!

I know they got CJ now…but…I just think Kelly is gonna get the chance to show what he can do these next couple of weeks and ultimately etch his little mark for the future!!!

They’re gonna save their “TICKET TO THE BIG ONE” with Gurley. They may have it locked up…BUT…they ain’t hoisting that trophy yet. That’s what they need Gurley for. Soooooo…….why take the chance of aggravating his injury until they ABSOLUTELY have to!!!

IDK folks…just some food for thought here. May be wrong. BUT…:confused:

1 Like

Fellas, im pretty sure i wont start gurley tomorrow… dont feel like i can trust him. My options:
Robby anderson
Elijah mcguire
Kalen ballage
Godwin
Hamilton or Patrick

Who would you choose?

Just picked up alfred blue… he seems like a good choice since miller is out, right?

1 Like

Ware isn’t gonna play so I guess scoop up CJ Anderson because the report is he’d be the starter if Gurley sits. I find it hard to believe a team with Super Bowl aspirations risks their best franchise player in a game they should be able to win with the water boy at RB. I think the Defense alone against that offense can win them the game. Tough spot to be in

1 Like

I like all those options and Blue who you grabbed. I think Tim Patrick out of all them is the one I go with. I like McGuire but it’s the Jets they could get down by 14 early against Rodgers even in a down year

1 Like

My buddy is in the same boat as y’all, I hope Ware does not play since I have Damian Williams, what do y’all think about ware’s status

1 Like

Ware isn’t playing I’m about 99% sure especially listed as doubtful. Williams should be a solid play Sunday night

1 Like

The saddest thing is that a few weeks ago, my rbs were: cmc, chubb, gurley and conner! Then i managed to lose 2 of them for the championship week lol