Improvements, Suggestions, Discussion? DEEP roster

Hey everyone,

Had a difficult keeper draft (two draftees didn’t show up and had to do a face time draft… was tough to emcee as the commish, deal with that crap, and draft a decent squad) so I’m hoping you guys may have some suggestions on ways to improve a top heavy roster. (Full point PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, D/ST + Kicker, super deep bench).

QB: Jimmy Garoppolo, Derek Carr
RB: Melvin Gordon, Kareem Hunt, Joe Mixon, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Kalen Ballage, Samaje Perine, Spencer Ware
WR: OBJ, Doug Baldwin, Corey Davis, Josh Gordon, Jamison Crowder, Dede Westbrook, Keelan Cole, Terrance Williams
TE: Austin Sefarian Jenkins, George Kittle
(streaming D/ST and who cares about kickers)

I love the top of my roster, but the depth is questionable. I tried to grab a few guys in the 18-21st rounds that I liked that are buried on rosters (and I cuffed Hunt)

T Williams was a roster add while Gordon occupies an IR spot thanks to ESPN rules.

Thanks for your thoughts!!

I honestly like your team pretty well. Love the options at RB you have and your WR are a littke thin, but there will be pick ups during the year that will make a big difference. QB is weak, but you can always stream if needed too. I think both TE have big upside, but it may be hard to pick the right one to play every week as well.

appreciate the feedback. Penny slid all the way to the 9th round so I couldn’t pass up the value on a 1st round pick (in a keeper league no less!!)

The QB/TE situation is because I was throwing darts at RB/WR until the 10th round when I went TE/QB back to back with Kittle / Garoppolo… two guys who I’m not 100% sold on their hype but couldn’t pass up that kind of value there. If i miss on either I feel comfortable streaming the position with what’s available in free agency in our league.

That being said, if Gordon isn’t there week 1 I should be okay but if he flames out or is suspended for whatever reason, betting on Crowder or either of the Jax WR’s I grabbed isn’t a great look.

I mean… I could hit on a few of those guys like Ballage, Cole, or Williams and have a juggernaut but who the heck knows this early lol.

I have a feeling Ballage is out of the picture for awhile after everything. He didn’t even play in the last preseason game at all, which isn’t a good sign at all for a rookie.

yea, I believe he’s still in concussion protocol but he’s the kind of back who’s talent and athleticism, especially in the passing game, make me believe he’ll carve out a decent role. With such a deep roster, I’m comfortable leaving him at the bottom of the bench for the time being.