Ingram for Montgomery and Prescott

Got offered David Montgomery and Dak Prescott for Mark Ingram. I already have Brees tho, thoughts? He doesn’t have Dobbins so I wouldn’t be helping a handcuff and his other QB is Cam.

Other RB’s are Drake, Bell, Thompson, Gibson, Hines, and Damien Harris (will prob drop tho cause of injury)

Personally, I would take this. You’ve got enough RB depth to give Montgomery time to see what happens with him. Also the situation with Kamara and his age doesn’t necessarily scare me away from Brees, but it does shake me enough to want a decent insurance policy, which I think Dak could be for you.

1 Like

Can I ask why you want an insurance policy for Brees given the Kamara situation ? Wouldn’t they lean on Brees more if Kamara’s not there? (which it sounds like Kamara’s gonna get a deal done)

Not even necessarily the deal, its the possible back issue too. Also losing Kamara is a significant hit to the short passing game. Also, it seems like when quarterbacks fall off age wise, they fall off HARD. Like I said, these things don’t necessarily scare me away from Drew Brees, but they are enough to make it worth while to seek out safety net, especially in your situation because you’ve got enough running back depth to let Ingram go.

Gotcha I hear ya. I also think Montgomery’s ceiling is higher than Ingram’s too cause I feel like it just takes one explosive game from Dobbins to cut into Ingram’s production. Think i’m gonna pull the trigger!

1 Like

Agreed. I think there’s more upside to Montogmery too and if it doesn’t happen until week 4 or 5 you’ve got time to wait with Drake, Bell, and Thompson.

1 Like

No doubt. Appreciate the insight my man!

1 Like