Is 6th the worst draft spot?

I have never really cared about draft position before, until I landed the 6th spot in this redraft league. 12 team, .5 PPR.

I always find myself choosing between Zeke or Aaron Jones, and if I have those options I’d probably take Jones at this point. But part of me wants to reach on Ekeler, or maybe Kelce - but it seems like a REACH.

What do you guys think?

I’m drafting at 6 (full PPR) and pretty locked in on Aaron Jones, but keeping an eye on Saquon’s health. It’s tough because we’re in that second tier of running backs that at least feel like they have a huge range of outcomes. Don’t think I’d reach for Ekeler or Kelce in half PPR, but I’d consider Davante Adams with the hopes of landing something like Mixon/Gibson and CEH/Carson/Montgomery in rounds 2-3.

2 Likes

Definitely feels like it’s between Zeke and Jones at this point, and I almost always go Jones. Then hope for someone like Najee or Gibson to be there at 2.06 to load up on RBs, or if they’re gone, pivot to hopefully a Ridley/A.J. Brown or Kittle/Waller. However, I don’t hate reaching for Kelce at 1.06… just wanted to share some other options.

1 Like

This is great! Thank you.

1 Like

If Zeke fell to you, would you take him? I’m wondering if the hard knock hype will play much of a role over the next two weeks. We draft August 21st.

TBH I think 4 is the worst spot if you’re in a PPR league. You have to be the one to decide on Henry, Zeke, Jones, Saquon. The value does not seem like it’s there for those guys, I’d much rather pick a few spots later than be the first one to decide on that tier.

1 Like

I’d love to see him get a big hard knocks boost and end up pushing Kamara or even Henry back to 6. Don’t think there’s anything wrong with Zeke at six, the optimism for a bounce back has some merit, but it’s just as possible he’s wearing down.

1 Like

Right! For snake drafts I feel like 6-9 are kinda tough spots. The beginning for the later spots is tough but you get that quick turn to establish a core (hopefully).those mid spots I’m thinking of doing the 0 RB start and just jumping to WR early. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Anyone else in the camp of pick #6 being an interesting spot? You could legitimately go RB, WR, or TE. I haven’t done mock drafting at that spot since I haven’t been in that position in any real drafts. Seems like you can have a solid team regardless of what you pick in the Choose Your Own Adventure. First couple picks seem like you have to pick within a limited number of consensus picks or else be mocked until eternity by your league mates.

1 Like