‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Is joe mixon a candidate to rush over a 1000 yards his rookie season?

I’ve got a solid chance to draft mixon in dynasty format. I need a impact player. My runninbacks currently are Jordan Howard, Carlos Hyde, mark Ingram, Derek Henry, Thomas Rawls. As you can see Jordan Howard is my only solid start :confused:

im guessing your about mid to late round then? if thats so, target kareem hunt and samaje perine as well. i think they have a good chance to make a big impact. as for mixon for 1000 yards, no i dont think so. my guess would be 800 yards, 30-40 receptions, and a total of… lets say 6 tds. i see him being a big part of the offense, but not the locked down number 1 running nack there. RBC as far as i can tell. now i will say im pretty sure my numbers are going to be dead on, but i do also think he has the potential to be a 12 TD guy. someone that explosive with ross and green on the outside, he could be a check down monster in the redzone.

What’s your pick in the rookie draft? I think Mixon and Cook are the best options to crack 1000 yards outside of Fournette. Both have the ability to catch passes out of the backfield as well. If you can’t get either of them, I think Alvin Kamara is a great option if you’re in a PPR league. He should have an instant impact on a team that has a great O-line and throws to the RB often. Perine and Hunt are options too, but I doubt either of them crack 1000yds this season.

I have the 3rd overall pick. The 2 teams ahead of me told me they will either pick fornette no. 1 overall & most likely pick mccaffery or beast mode (he’s on our waiver wire) with the no. 2 overall. If fornette is there no discussion I’m taking him. But I know he won’t be there.

I really like dalvin cook but can’t help but to think about Murray sharing carries & possibly take away goal line carries

I would be looking at Mixon. I love his upside and I think the Bengals are going to want to get him out there and show everyone why they made the pick. It will be interesting to see how the pre-season develops to get a little better picture of their intent.

The downside is that the Bengals O-Line has gone downhill this offseason…

Wondering people’s thoughts on how much of the Mixon hype will be eaten away at as Gio and Hill are both still seasoned members of the team. Tough to think they’ll simply ride the pine. How much they’ll play? Not sure, but I could easily see each of them starting more than one game next season.

What do other people think?

I’d love to see Mixon take the lead role this season, but I don’t really trust Marvin Lewis to hand him the reins early, or at all. Jeremy Hill was a 2nd round back too, and he didn’t get a real chance in his rookie year until Gio got hurt. I could see this turning into a really ugly committee for the whole season.

That’s the fear, right? Talent doesn’t mean results without opportunity.