Is Sanders droppable? A bust?

Is Miles Sanders a total bust based on where he was drafted between the 5th - 7th rounds? Especially in any PPR format? Jordan Howard matches his career total in catches tonight aa well :joy::rofl::cry:

One of the best players on the field…

BUT I have him as well and frustrating as hell he is not used near the goaline… Would guess he played a big % of snaps…

1 Like

So I guess that means bench him unless there is nothing else available

1 Like

Your call but if you wanted to drop him who is a available ?

1 Like

Even in the shallowest of leagues I don’t think he should be dropped.

1 Like

I will hold this roster clogger for another couple weeks, but man he and Monty are costing me wins. I guess it is tough to buy the rookie hype on running backs, and coaching and systems definitely come into play much more than player talent. Harsh lesson learned.

I think droppable is a slight over reaction. I guess it would be determined by how deep of league you are in. But in my 12 team competitive league any RB that gets consistent touches is owned on a roster. But I do agree the bust tag does seem to be hovering over him.

2 Likes

I’m not dropping unless I absolutely have too. He has looked good, and better with each week. Sproles is non existent for past 3 weeks and sanders touches and snaps are toe to toe with Howard. Sanders has looked more electric than Howard, I’m hoping he keeps working into his workload.

3 Likes

Pederson has always used a RBBC and we knew coming into the season that’s what it would be. If Sanders was going to be the lead back he would have gone even higher in drafts. He definitely looks more explosive than Howard, but I think the hope was that Sanders would be used at least some around the goal line and that it wouldn’t all go to Howard. That hasn’t really been the case thus far

1 Like

It looks like Sanders get the majority of the touches between the 20’s and Howard gets the majority of the touches in the red zone. Sanders can still get some valuable fantasy points with his carries. Yesterday was not grreat because he received 0 target, which was the first time in 3 weeks. I think he can get a solid 10-12 points each weeks. But he has a low low low ceiling.

3 Likes

quintana22 is absolutely correct. Sanders was the go to between the 20’s and looked good at times but clearly Pederson prefers Howard’s size in the red zone. I think what we saw Thursday night will be the model in the near term.

1 Like

@quintana22 great points, are you Nicaraguan in lineage? That’s a last name in my family tree!

Thank you all, I will hold Sanders as best I can!