I've always been told not to Drink & Draft. My league mates...they did not

Superflex, 0.5 PPR league and I got away with this roster last night at the draft.

I know leagues aren’t won at the draft but damn I’m feeling giddy going into the season…

2 Likes

Whew! I would be feeling pretty good about this, too. Hot damn.

1 Like

There was a lot of drunk fan-drafting that started happening about 5 rounds in. I couldn’t believe Watson fell to me at the bottom of the 3rd (10th pick).

It’s funny how one person does something crazy (like pull a great DEF early) and then the whole f-ing league shifts… you stuck to your plan and didn’t get sucked in. Nice work.

Pretty good but not a fan of some of your bench an injury would hurt

Watson in the 3rd is insane value. Bench is bit lacking in depth but like how you have your RB’s covered at least. With exception of ballage. WOuld try and this drake hype to trade for a Breida/Pollard type guy. Also wouldn’t really roster Hock in a redraft especially since you already have OJ Howard. That’s just burning a roster slot.

WOuld try and this drake hype to trade for a Breida/Pollard type guy. Also wouldn’t really roster Hock in a redraft especially since you already have OJ Howard. That’s just burning a roster slot.

I’m definitely going to try and trade Ballage for sure.

Hockenson I got because I had Howard last year and he was very injury prone. Hockenson, in his 2nd preseason game caught his lone target pass for 22 yards and last week caught 3 of 4 targets for 52 yards which tells me they trust him and they’re going to use him to stretch the feild on big gains. I think he’s going to be a breakout TE this year but that’s just my opinion. We’ll see.

Pretty good but not a fan of some of your bench an injury would hurt

I was using the UDK tier list to determine my bench and I was specifically targeting guys based on what Andy, Mike, and Jason have been saying.

Curtis Samuel is poised to have a great year and was a serviceable WR2 last season.

Westbrook has been heavily targeted by Foles this preseason and their chemistry could mean a huge step forward, especially since he’s really the only decent WR they have.

Montgomery was a beast in his lone preseason game and the Bears have said he’ll be a 3 down back. He was a top draft pick and projected as the 2nd best rookie RB next to Jacobs going into this season. I think he’s going to be a stud this year and the FFB’s have been really high on him.

TJ Hockenson - See my response in this thread to MikeMeUpp as to why I drafted TJ.

Penny - He’s my handcuff to Carson

Ballage - He was my final pick and just a flier. I’ll probably trade him before season starts.

You’re talking to the Hockenson truther here. He’s been my 1.03 in rookie rankings going on 3 months now. But problem is he’s not starting over OJ for you and bench spots early on in the season are incredibly valuable. Early season waivers are where leagues are won and burning a hole on your roster with a rookie TE isn’t ideal.

If he gets like 600 yards and 5-6 TDs, that’s a huge success for a rookie TE but will you ever see that translate into production on your roster? No. Investing in an early TE is what you do so you can avoid playing TE roulette later with drafting 2 TEs. Doing both is not economically efficient imo. And as much as I love his pre season usage, there just isn’t enough target volume to go around in Bevell’s offense. And as good as Hock is and as much as I love him in dynasty, i’m not burning a roster slot on him where in most weeks, you’re looking at TD or bust.

1 Like