‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Jameis Winston trade help

12 team, 0.5 ppr, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Superflex

I’ve been contacted by a couple guys in my league about getting Winston from me. I suspect they’re just trying to lowball me and get a good fantasy QB at a discount, but perhaps I’m overvaluing Winston.

the current offers I have:

Team A: Alex Smith and Kenny Stills for my Winston

Team B: Marcus Mariota for my Winston and a 2019 2nd

Alex Smith seems like an obvious downgrade to me. Kenny Stills has the opportunity to be good this year, but I’m not high enough on him to think that trade is worth it.

I do believe Mariota is a slight upgrade over Winston, but not a 2nd round pick upgrade. I’m leaning towards declining both trades and moving froward with what I’ve got, but I wouldn’t mind improving my WR corp while I have the chance. So the counters I’m considering are:

Team A: Winston for Smith and Funchess and/or Kirk or Winston, Dez, and a 2019 1st for Smith and Green (I doubt he goes for this one)

Team B: Winston and a 2nd for Mariota and Corey Coleman

My current WRs:
Allen, Jeffrey, Godwin, Gabriel, Cole, Taylor, Chark, Cain, Hamilton, Bryant

I agree that you shoud not accept either trade as is.

Counter A
Winston for Smith and Funchess is asking too much. Funchess has the possibility to be a WR1 for his team and a low end WR1/high end WR2 in fantasy. Unless they really devalue Funchess. This offer is great for you but unlikely to be accepted.

I would not trade Kirk. Too high of an upside.

Winston/Dez and a 2019 1st is pretty fair value for Smith and Green. They may consider it if they want to dump and ‘aging’ WR.

Counter B
Without the resent news, I would have said Winston and Mariota would have a similar value. You could maybe offer that straight up if you want to avoid the possibility of Winston’s unstable future. This would make the remining offer Coleman for a 2nd. In my opinon, that is too much for Coleman. His value is plummeting. I would not offer more then a third. Maybe suggest Winston and a 3rd for Mariota and Coleman?