‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

James Conner Trade Scenario

I’m in a 12 team standard league and was offered the following trade.
Keenan Allen for James Conner and Tyler Lockett.

This is extremely tough because my gut wants to keep Conner and I don’t see Bell playing for the Steelers.

I am in need of another stud WR. Here is my current roster:
Russell Wilson
AJ Green
Kenny Golladay
Tyler Lockett
Ezekiel Elliott
Joe Mixon
James Conner
Marshawn Lynch
Kerryon Johnson
Sony Michel
Jordan Reed
weekly waiver K
Chicago Bears D

I am strong at RB and have been looking to use the depth to improve my WR situation. What are your thoughts?

Thank you #footclan-community for the #footclan-community:trades feedback!

You don’t need to give up Conner. Green is a great stud wr so I would argue you don’t NEED a stud wr. The Allen owner is asking a lot. Come to him after he low scores again this week with an offer without Conner.

You can definately turn lynch/ michel/Johnson and lockett for a wr1/2. Maybe Landry or sanders

I agree @Joshg11, its that much more difficult with Mike Williams playing well for the Chargers. I feel like that is impacting Allen some.

Would your take be the same if I got Keenan Allen and Devonte Freeman for Conner and Lockett?

Tbh that’s a better deal and would take it if offered to you but would still make me reluctant to lose Conner who I can’t see as anything but an rb1 locked in for the year with Steelers not going to play bell again!

I reckon Allen will be fine. He started poorly last year too then went crazy towards the end so a great buy low candidate but don’t think you’re buying that low.

I managed to get obj and wentz for Conner and fitz last week as a barometer of where I think Conner value can be

@Joshg11, since our last post I made two trades. My roster was:

• Russell Wilson
  • AJ Green
  • Kenny Golladay
  • Tyler Lockett
  • Ezekiel Elliott
  • Joe Mixon
  • James Conner
  • Marshawn Lynch
  • Kerryon Johnson
  • Sony Michel
  • Jordan Reed
  • weekly waiver K
  • Chicago Bears D

And is now:

• Russell Wilson
  • Jameis Winston
  • Blake Bortles - for week 5 only
  • AJ Green
  • Antonio Brown
  • Keenan Allen
  • Corey Davis
  • Ezekiel Elliott
  • Joe Mixon
  • Kerryon Johnson
  • Jordan Reed
  • weekly waiver K
  • Chicago Bears D
  • Ten D from waivers

I flipped Lynch and Lockett for Keenan Allen in one trade. Then two hours before the Bell news in Pitt, I traded Conner, Michel and Golladay for Antonio Brown and Corey Davis.

This is robbery. Buy low on Keenan allen and sell way over priced on Conner. Not even sure why this is even a discussion.

Once Bell returns, COnner is going straight back to the bench where he belongs. Isn’t even remotely close to Bell in talent or production and we have 4 weeks of data that supports that now.

Bell isn’t really going to be traded. No one is paying a 2nd or 3rd round pick for a guy who can walk in free agency to the highest bidder. Makes no sense.

Great work! Glad the plan of buying low after another dud game worked and even getting value from lockett with Baldwin back is a great thing.

I’ve been trying to get brown in pretty much all leagues. I didn’t expect the bell news this week (did anyone) so getting any sort of value from Conner is great but to get the wr1 to be that’s epic.

Only thing is say is I domt get your 3 qb plan. Stream bottles this week. Lose Winston and next week bortles (unless u want to stream again) and pick up 2 high upside rbs like donta foreman or Ronald Jones that could be valuable assets come the end of the season if playing well.

You’re set up and pleased things are working out just need the fantasy gods to smile down on you with match ups!

I plan on dropping Bottles after this week. I grabbed Winston because of Wilson’s slow start. Knowing the Bucs offense is going to throw a lot sets me up to have one of those guys turn out as a QB1.

Jones is already gone, I lost the bidding war on him. I plan on grabbing Foreman when I drop Bortles. I’ll also have a spot for a stash player when I drop the Tennessee defense.

So far, so good! Only a quarter of the season out of the way, there is a lot of football left.