Jay Ajayi as RB2

Hey guys new listener to the podcast. I just had my draft in a 3WR 0.5 PPR league and after getting Le’Veon Bell in the first round ended up with Jay Ajayi as my RB2 in the 5th. I had great WR value keep dropping to me so I’m wondering if you think it’s worth trading one of them for a better RB2. How does everyone feel about Ajayi as a solid RB2? I’ll post the rest of my team here:

QB: Matt Stafford
RB: Le’Veon Bell
RB: Jay Ajayi
WR: A.J. Green
WR: Davante Adams
WR: Doug Baldwin
TE: Even Engram
W/R/T: Rex Burkhead

BN: Robby Anderson
BN: Kerryon Johnson
BN: Sterling Shepard
BN: James White
BN: Keelan Cole
BN: Marlon Mack

1 Like

I’d definitely try to upgrade RB2.

Kerryon might be good as long as you have time to hold on to him.

I don’t think I’d want to trade anyone.

Could the benefit of having Doug Baldwin as WR3 outweighs the loss of Jay Ajayi at RB2? Because I’m assuming that’s the only person worth enough to trade.

I like Ajayi better this year.
" Per [@Tim_McManus Eagles have told and prepared Jay Ajayi as “the guy” . No RBBC here. He’s the dude, with Clement the next man up. Sproles a passing-down option KR/PR."

Calling that they will stop doing so much RBBC this year and use him.

Yea I guess my main confusion was with the 3 WR roster format. If it was 2 WR, I would probably have taken an RB2 and had Ajayi in a flex but I thought with an extra starting WR there would be a premium on WR

There’s more than one way to skin a cat. I would definitely prefer a better rb2, and I’m really not high on Ajayi at all, but you have a locked and loaded stud rb1 and 3 stud wrs to show for it. I probably would have focused a little more on rb depth given your situation, but if I’m you I’m not panicking.