Josh Allen or Ryan Fitzpatrick

I’m struggling between sticking with Josh Allen this week or pivoting to Ryan Fitzpatrick it’s a 6pt td for QB league and in my league you also get .33 points per rush attempt. Any help would be appreciated

1 Like

Welcome @Bluey! Really interesting question. My QB model has Fitz projected to be the QB8 this week and Allen the QB24, so seems like an easy call for Fitz. However, as I wrote in my streaming post this week, the last six weeks Allen has outperformed expectation by 1.9 more points per week than the rest of the season, and that level-up does seem like it is going to sustain. In addition, he averages 7.5 rushing attempts per game, which gives him another 2.5 points per week in your scoring system. (My QB model is based on 4 point passing TDs, but Fitz and Allen are both averaging just over 1 passing TD per game so that doesn’t make much difference.) Put that all together, it comes out as basically a tie this week. So if you believe that Allen’s recent performance will continue, I would go with him given the rushing floor.

However, if the question is RoS, it’s still Fitz by a good margin. Allen’s matchups don’t get any easier after this week, and Fitz’s do, so if I could only roster one, I would definitely make it Fitz and plan to play him all three weeks.

My Week 14 QB model is below for reference. Hope that helps. Good luck!

-Dan
Please check out my Week 14 streaming post where I provide weekly and rest-of-season rankings, scoring projections and waiver recommendations for QBs, TEs and DSTs. Comments and feedback are welcome. Thanks!

Thanks man appreciate the help.

1 Like