Keep Kittle or D. Williams

10 team league/full PPR

I get to keep two players… and I’m keeping Kamara and losing my 1st round pick (drafting 10th). Who would you keep from below?

Keep Kittle and lose an 11th round pick

Or

Damien Williams and lose a 15th round pick

Williams all day

1 Like

I’d keep Kittle.

This is not clear cut.

But I’d keep Kittle.

On Williams: the current stable of backs in KC has Andy Reid on record as forecasting a return to his committee days in Philly. Andy, Jason, and Mike got it wrong when they said that even though Reid used the word “committee,” there was always one dominant back in Philly who was fantasy-viable. That’s not true. Reid was most likely talking about 2003, when he had a" 3-headed monster" backfield: Duce Staley, Correl Buckhalter, and Brian Westbrook all contributed. None of them were fantasy-dominant…or worthy of being drafted where Williams is being drafted now.

A similar approach in KC matches up seamlessly with Williams’ traditional workload: he has never had carries approaching bell-cow numbers, not in college or the pros. KC signed Carlos Hyde and it sounds like he’ll have a role. Then they drafted Darwin Thompson, whose skill set fits their offense well.

The distribution of work may not be as equal as it was in '03 in Philly, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hyde and Thompson get a considerable share.

Re. Kittle: As Andy pointed out when he rescinded the inexperienced Dante Pettis’s “my guy” status, the SF offense lack’s stability. Kittle is the one source of stability in that entire offense. He thrived in an adverse situation last year, which indicates that it was skill, not just opportunity, that boosted his numbers. I expect some regression from Kittle, but I still expect them to exploit his talents.

Keep Kittle.

1 Like