I’ll give a quick rundown of my league’s keeper rules; Half PPR, 12 teams, pretty standard scoring.
We are allowed to keep one player each year. The same player cannot be kept two years in a row. The player you choose to keep must have been originally drafted by your team, and must be on your roster at the end of the year. Also, in order to qualify as a keeper, the player must have been drafted in round 4 or after. Finally, the keeper is inserted as the very last pick of the draft (round 15 or 16, I can’t remember). So here I am debating Aaron Jones vs. Pat Mahomes.
For some context, I’m pick 7 out of 12. I’m a Green Bay fan, which is probably why this is harder than it should be. I’d love to get Davante Adams or another top WR at pick 7. I’ll detail some pros and cons of the two.
- Con: Possible sophomore slump - Probably won’t repeat last year’s stats
- Pro: Free QB1 - Don’t have to use a 2nd/3rd round pick on the top QB
- Pro: Will be the head of probably the most explosive offense yet again
- Con: Hamstring & Injury concerns - I was a 2018 Dalvin Cook owner, I know how these hamstring injuries can linger
- Con: Possible committee approach, even though Aaron Jones is the superior RB
- Con: New offense makes it hard to predict the offensive gameplan
- Pro: Amazing RB, top tier yards per carry
- Pro: Great in passing game
- Pro: #GoPackGo
Right now, I’m leaning towards Mahomes. Jones and Mahomes have a similar ADP, so this is a tough decision for me. Please let me know what you think, and why. Thanks FootClan!!!