Hey gang - looking for some feedback…
Question - Would you keep D.K. Metcalf with a 6th round pick or Antonio Gibson with a 10th?
Some context/league specifics:
- 10-team PPR - Superflex with two regular flex spots (I know…it’s a lot)
- Two keepers per year (lost the round they were taken in last year’s draft - can’t keep multiple years)
- Scoring - several long TD bonuses
- Already keeping Justin Jefferson with an 11th-round pick
- I have the #1 pick this year and - based on who can and cannot be kept - will be taking Dalvin Cook with that pick
I’m probably 65%-35% leaning D.K. and I’ll explain the rationale.
A) Simply put, Metcalf will score more points than Gibson this year. The only RBs who crack the top-10 in overall scoring in this league are the top few guys (CMC, Cook, Kamara). Everyone else in the top 10-15 are WR, especially the ones capable of busting big plays.
B) This is a bit of an emotional reason, but I have had comically bad luck with keeping RB in the past. If a guy can get hurt or drastically underperform, it will be the year that I keep him. This is a bad reason to do things…but hey, I’m human.
This is a weird one for me because I fully understand that Gibson is a better value as a 10th and gives me a great 1-2 punch with Dalvin. I can bypass RB for the 2-3 and 4-5 turns and focus on WR and QB. Receiver is stacked this year and I get that I can find some studs at the 2-3 turn with my starting backfield already spoken for.
…but I just can’t seem to bring myself to do it. Tell me if I’m nuts on this.
(Also, I get the Jefferson-Cook stack isn’t awesome. I typically don’t like doing it with an offense that isn’t KC, but JJ is too good of a value at 11 to not keep and Dalvin is…well…he’s Dalvin.)
Would love your thoughts!