‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Keeper League Conundrum

I can keep two but I can’t quite make up my mind. Help me work through it.

Melvin Gordon for a 5th (Keeping for sure)
Demarco Murray for a 3rd (Henry and the Hamstring worry me)
Travis Kelce for an 8th (Leaning this way because of all of that barfiness)
Spencer Ware for a 12th (Don’t love him but that is value)

EDIT: 10 Team 0.5 PPR

You didn’t mention your league type (Number of Teams, PPR, etc.), which will change what people suggest.

I find visually looking at these kinds of questions can help make them a lot clearer for me.

To do this, I usually…

• Print out the Footballers Top 200 from the UDK for whatever format your league is.
  • Go through all of your leaguemates’ teams and do your “best bet” for who each of their two keepers would be.
  • Draw a line through all of those names on the Top 200.
  • Highlight your 4 options on the list.
  • If you know your draft position, count down the remaining names on the list to where each of your picks will be, making sure to take into account spots where guys have been kept.

This will give you a pretty good idea of value and what you will be getting in those rounds and how good of value you’re really getting with those keepers. (For example: Kelce might seem like an absolute steal in the 8th… but you might realize you could get Ertz or Rudolph in the 7th.)

I’m guessing, it’s probably most valuable to keep two RBs, allowing you to focus heavily on WRs for your early rounds.

Solid advice from Mr. Butterface.

Not knowing format I’d say keep Gordon and Murray and focus on your WRs in the draft. Better to have studs than the value of Ware.

I’ve got a keeper question if you don’t mind weighing in?

I’d keep Gordon and Kelce.

For me, it isn’t about where you can get players to replace the ones you might not keep, but what is available to you when that pick is available.

8th picks are always tough because you might be fishing for lottery tickets at that point. You already have a proven commodity with Kelce, so you don’t have to worry too much about risk. Yeah, you might get a hidden stud, but you can’t be 100% certain that will do.

Meanwhile Murray’s keeper price is too high and Ware might as well have a Do Not Touch sign on him. You might even be lucky to take Ware off the waiver wires if he slides all the way out of the draft, but then I am a smarky leaguer. Either way, look at what you might be risking versus what you already have on your team.

Don’t let the intrigue of risk undermine your potential too much!